There is a China Spy balloon floating across U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Obviously it is here to capture data blocked by SnapChat ***********************

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
If they pressure the NRA enough I'm sure they'll learn that some good ole boy in Arizona has developed a scoped rifle that will shoot more thsan 66,000 feet. You can't be over prepared you know.

Aug 15, 2011
We could probably burn out any sensors on it with a laser if we wanted to. China has spy satellites that can see just about anything they want to, so I think this a propaganda tool rather than anything with a significant strategic ability.

lazlow

Jul 9, 2009
and we won't shoot it down? We are so weak.
I remember in the 80's i read a popular science article showing a progression of photos from space that zooms in on a nose hair which suggests that this thing prolly ain't just "looking" (unless the Chinese are ~ 40 years behind us on satellite tech). This really isn't that complicated.....plot an array of firing solutions with an oxford intercept then FAW.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
they are now reporting there are two more. One over Canada and one over S. America. Those two could be Orson Welles.

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
I can’t believe this thread hasn’t been shut down.

But those who believe we need to stand up to this breach of American airspace, vote accordingly in 2024.

Last edited:

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
The same guys that botched the Afghan withdrawal? Chi-Coms say you shoot balloon and we out the "Big Guy".
Sometime soon, you should read about how the US exited that country. You will need to go back a few years since the withdrawal spanned 2 presidents.
What a disasterous war to have both started and ended.

Reactions: FQDawg
Aug 3, 2011
I'm sure there's reasons other than "debris" that we haven't shot it down. I also refuse to believe that we didn't know it was there. NORAD has some pretty significant tracking capabilities.
From what I understand, they just don’t think it’s enough of a threat to warrant shooting it down considering that we constantly fly over the South China Sea area that China considers their airspace. They don’t want to set precedent and lose the ability to fly **** in their yard.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Funny.

bullygrowl makes a semi-political post, which may or may not be allowed. Content was factual, then the political "We are so weak" comment.

The typical liberal brigade storms out in full shame mode, to only cover for their pals in office. They are semi-right in that it's a semi-political post in a sports forum. But also ridiculously biased, and if Trump was in office, they'd be sharing bullygrowl's opinion and spewing how 17'ed up the country is.

It's really comical to watch. But let's get to the facts. My opinion is, if China wanted to spy on us, why are they gonna do with a big 17-ing balloon that can probably be seen from Mars? I mean we all know about it. Exactly what could they be spying on? Texas football stadiums? Wind turbines? Suburban sprawl? Trying to get into the medicinal weed bizness??
Testing EMP technology perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login