Those who no longer have season football tickets in the last few years- do you miss it?

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
I wish I could say I did but I don’t.
Haven’t had season tickets for about 7 years.
Use to go to all home games and a road trip or two.
Now I’m down to 2-3 home games and a possible road trip depending on where it’s at.
I’m fortunate in that if I want a couple of tickets, I can get them very very easily and for the low low cost of 0

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
All games being televised, coupled with huge TV's make it very easy to not want to go to games. Gave up my tickets during the Morehead era and have not missed them once.
This and the fact that traffic is an issue in and out, concession lines are long and beer is $15.00 a piece, bathroom lines can be long and I don’t have to drive 2 1/2 hrs to get there. Have a place in StarkVegas or WP after the game but still have that drive on Sunday.
Plus when the game is over , I can watch another or several on my 65” HD screen.
I do miss the tailgating every game but 2-3 times a year is fine.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
Agree with the over production of all live sports. I went to sports to watch sports and talk about sports. It is very hard to do either at a sporting event today. Constant loud music has driven me away.
Imagine that watch sports and talk sports....didn't think about the talk part being replaced with alternate entertainment. That may have been a big part of my "epiphany". I like loud music to pump up the fans but during tv timeouts I don't need a concert with ribbon lights flashing. Damn am I turning into the get off my lawn dude?

fedxdog

Dec 7, 2008
We started in '95 when our daughter was a freshman. Entertaining the college kids was the best. Those other girls are still our friends today.
Dropped out after Moorehead cause we're old and it took weekends that we could go see our kids in Texas...now Texas and Missouri.
That last year we had at least 4-night games, putting us home at 1:30 in the morning. Going this weekend but staying with friends in Starkvegas.

Dawg84

Jul 28, 2015
Absolutely nothing Id rather have been doing than Hanging out with friends on campus last Saturday. It was awesome.
Same here. And, with only about 7 home games a year, I figure I can continue making those weekends to see friends, family, and football.

Reactions: 8dog

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
I have season tickets but the last few years have not made many games. Kids and their schedules, combined with tv kickoff times and a 2 hour drive up and sometimes 3 hours back counting the time it takes to get off campus are contributing factors.

I do miss it quite a bit. At least I miss what it used to be, not so sure I exactly miss the hassle that it’s turned into today. As a kid in the 80s I was fortunate enough to be able to tag along with family members and make several games every season. Tailgating consisted of sitting in a lawn chair popping the trunk and eating a sandwich or some chicken nuggets we picked up on the way up while we listened to USM or OM on the radio.
Yes, especially in the lot at the Vet. Our big family made sandwiches and sweet tea at home, then tailgate in the parking lot.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Agree with the over production of all live sports. I went to sports to watch sports and talk about sports. It is very hard to do either at a sporting event today. Constant loud music has driven me away.
This is the reason I don't miss it at all either. I remember when you went to a football game and it was a football game. You had a 20-minute halftime break which was just about right to go pee and get something at the concession stand, but other than that time outs were about a minute each and the band and cheerleaders kept you entertained then. The whole thing lasted about 2-1/2 hours. It was fun. Now there are more time outs, they last close to 4 minutes each, you're bombarded with commercials and music you generally could care less about, and the game lasts close to 3-1/2 hours. It just becomes a 17ing ordeal. Bought season tickets and went to every game for 20 years, but gave them up for the Croom era. Haven't looked back and haven't missed it for one second. Been going to a game per years since the Mullen era, but this year is so bad, I'm not even doing that.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
This is the reason I don't miss it at all either. I remember when you went to a football game and it was a football game. You had a 20-minute halftime break which was just about right to go pee and get something at the concession stand, but other than that time outs were about a minute each and the band and cheerleaders kept you entertained then. The whole thing lasted about 2-1/2 hours. It was fun. Now there are more time outs, they last close to 4 minutes each, you're bombarded with commercials and music you generally could care less about, and the game lasts close to 3-1/2 hours. It just becomes a 17ing ordeal. Bought season tickets and went to every game for 20 years, but gave them up for the Croom era. Haven't looked back and haven't missed it for one second. Been going to a game per years since the Mullen era, but this year is so bad, I'm not even doing that.
I miss attending non televised games. All the tv timeouts kill the flow.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login