Tulu in the portal

ShelBitty

Oct 11, 2022
So saying we are going to do one thing and then not is what?
So you saying we were telling everybody that Spurrier Jr was the guy? Then he wasn't? I liked what I saw in the bowl game and hoped we were heading that way with the trickoration, and the jet sweep motion and reverses and stuff. I thought we were getting a glimpse into the future. Tulu leaving would absolutely suck but he has his own decisions to make. Would be fun to see if we could really use him to his full potential for the next couple years.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
So you saying we were telling everybody that Spurrier Jr was the guy? Then he wasn't? I liked what I saw in the bowl game and hoped we were heading that way with the trickoration, and the jet sweep motion and reverses and stuff. I thought we were getting a glimpse into the future. Tulu leaving would absolutely suck but he has his own decisions to make. Would be fun to see if we could really use him to his full potential for the next couple years.
You have to keep in mind that Ibdancin is very butthurt that Leachs offensive staff was not retained.

ShelBitty

Oct 11, 2022
You have to keep in mind that Ibdancin is very butthurt that Leachs offensive staff was not retained.
I wouldn't have been mad to be honest. Leach's system worked, even with the portal and everything they were still getting things in order to get his system fully in place. Sucks that we will never know. And did we burn a bridge with spurrier?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The new reality…
Makes you think it is very unlikely we ever again have a Jeffry Simmons type player finish his career at Mississippi Sate.
Yes we will. Simmons had every option in America. He chose State from the beginning and is one of the most loyal players we've had. Those are the type we still need.

The worst offenders are the guys who didn't have options, then suddenly do after a year or two. They are showing their true colors (like RaRa).

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Exactly. The chances are zero. And you can’t blame them. This isn’t just a few extra bucks. It’s a life-changing amount of money for the elite players.
I’ll bet you $100 and 20 to 1 odds we have a really good player play 3 full years at msu. Starts his career at msu and ends his college career at msu.

Reactions: AFDawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I think it's pretty obvious that we SHOULD have done this. If it didn't work, retool it next year. Nobody would have blamed Arnett for doing so.

I mean Arnett himself was chosen to keep continuity. Then he used his power to break the continuity on offense.

All I will say is that it better work out next year.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I think it's pretty obvious that we SHOULD have done this. If it didn't work, retool it next year. Nobody would have blamed Arnett for doing so.

I mean Arnett himself was chosen to keep continuity. Then he used his power to break the continuity on offense.

All I will say is that it better work out next year.
Doesn’t have to work out next year anymore than “sticking with the air raid” would have.

Our fans are as dumb and terrible as everyone else.

Reactions: muddawgs

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
You liked the 13 points our offense scored?

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
we suck again GIF

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
Our offense sucked in the bowl game and most of the second half of the season, but hell, we won 9 games.
I thought the Zach Arnett hire was a good idea to decrease the amount of attrition.
It’s occurring anyway.

ShelBitty

Oct 11, 2022
You liked the 13 points our offense scored?
I liked that we tried some different things. And I can't help but think that QB play has been a problem and that Sawyer must have been awful and that at times our receivers couldn't catch when good QB play happened. Like how a baseball offense can't string together hits or the right hits to generate runs.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Our offense sucked in the bowl game and most of the second half of the season, but hell, we won 9 games.
I thought the Zach Arnett hire was a good idea to decrease the amount of attrition.
It’s occurring anyway.
This narrative tanks when you realize we won. Against a top 5 defense. After 3 weeks of a death, a new coach and all that goes with it.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
Perhaps you misread my post. I think blowing up what we had going was a mistake. Even though the offense wasn’t on point, I thought Zach would keep some continuity, but that hasn’t happened.

*replying to onewoof

Last edited:

kired

Aug 22, 2008
His NFL future is as a kick returner / special teams guy. It’s simple as that. With our defense next year, he’s not going to have many opportunities to return kicks.

Just gotta find a team with a sh!tty defense to showcase his talents.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
17 it. I just don’t care anymore. Maybe I’m just a bad fan, but I’m not going to contribute to an annual bidding war just to keep our players. Much less to bring new mercenaries in.
Yep, it’s become entertainment only, whereas before it was more. I can still stomach baseball, but I’m gravitating towards the NFL in a big way.

Reactions: patdog

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Shut up. You’re not even coherent. Your points are all over the place. All you want to do is argue.
No I don’t want to argue. I simple want people to be reasonable and most are emotional idiots.

you said if we stick with the air raid it didn’t have to work out next year but if we change offenses it does?

how does that make any logical sense?

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I liked that we tried some different things. And I can't help but think that QB play has been a problem and that Sawyer must have been awful and that at times our receivers couldn't catch when good QB play happened. Like how a baseball offense can't string together hits or the right hits to generate runs.
Our qb play regressed this year but but Mississippi state standards it was really good.

and 2021 and 2020 is was really really good.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
No I don’t want to argue. I simple want people to be reasonable and most are emotional idiots.

you said if we stick with the air raid it didn’t have to work out next year but if we change offenses it does?

how does that make any logical sense?
Because it would be about continuity, which was the only reason Arnett was hired as well.

Now that he pivoted away from that, it better pay off.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
This narrative tanks when you realize we won. Against a top 5 defense. After 3 weeks of a death, a new coach and all that goes with it.
The narrative?
We weren’t great in the bowl game.
Spurrier jr hasn’t shown much in potential as an OC at 51.
Those are facts not narrative.

he may end up a great OC but to date it would have been underwhelming. I’m 100% more on board with who we hired based on potential vs spurrier jr.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Because it would be about continuity, which was the only reason Arnett was hired as well.

Now that he pivoted away from that, it better pay off.
So continuity that doesn’t work is better than change that doesn’t work after 1 year?

really?

i bet you are hell with investing money!

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
So continuity that doesn’t work is better than change that doesn’t work after 1 year?

really?

i bet you are hell with investing money!
It has worked before. Had a hiccup in some games this year. But we also had a bunch of 4/5/6 year players who had been playing in the Air Raid most of their careers

it is very easy to see the reasoning here. We didn’t want a repeat of 2018, now we’re staring it right in the face

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
If continuity wasn’t a priority, would we have hired Arnett to be our coach in any other situation?
We hired Arnett for continuity in a number of ways and bc we didn’t have an AD to help make the hire.

recruiting mainly

he held the class together and it was pretty damn good

he didn’t keep a 51 year old who has never been successful as an offensive coordinator and hasn’t been a great recruiter

BIG 17ING DEAL.

Reactions: AFDawg

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
It has worked before. Had a hiccup in some games this year. But we also had a bunch of 4/5/6 year players who had been playing in the Air Raid most of their careers

it is very easy to see the reasoning here
It’s very easy to see the reasoning to keeping a 51 year old with no real success as an OC.

whats more likely? He would have built on Leachs success?
Stayed the same or gotten worse? These two are most likely but not certain.

17 off and go be an emotional moron somewhere else.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
If continuity wasn’t a priority, would we have hired Arnett to be our coach in any other situation?
It was to keep everyone from transferring and a signing class from folding. There was never a commitment to anything beyond that. I like Arnett, but we could've had a full search. We panicked. I do still think Arnett will be ok, but we'll know fast because we should be good.

Reactions: M R DAWGS

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
I think we have rolled the dice multiple times on these recent hires. I hope it pays off.

17 these players that say one thing and then bolt when things don’t go their way.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
It’s very easy to see the reasoning to keeping a 51 year old with no real success as an OC.

whats more likely? He would have built on Leachs success?
Stayed the same or gotten worse? These two are most likely but not certain.

17 off and go be an emotional moron somewhere else.
Then you cut bait after that year. But you give everyone a chance (like Arnett is getting).

You are the emotional one. Just towing the line.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Then you cut bait after that year. But you give everyone a chance (like Arnett is getting).

You are the emotional one. Just toeing the line.
Hahaha towing the line is sticking with the normal.

what Arnett is doing isn’t toeing the line and I like it.

I’m sorry you think you are smarter than him.

good luck at that.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login