Tulu in the portal

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
So you saying we were telling everybody that Spurrier Jr was the guy? Then he wasn't? I liked what I saw in the bowl game and hoped we were heading that way with the trickoration, and the jet sweep motion and reverses and stuff. I thought we were getting a glimpse into the future. Tulu leaving would absolutely suck but he has his own decisions to make. Would be fun to see if we could really use him to his full potential for the next couple years.
I'm saying what was told. I didn't say that Jr was tabbed to be the hire, but the system was tabbed. We did not follow through with that.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

Reactions: mo7888

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I liked that we tried some different things. And I can't help but think that QB play has been a problem and that Sawyer must have been awful and that at times our receivers couldn't catch when good QB play happened. Like how a baseball offense can't string together hits or the right hits to generate runs.
Scoring Points is more important than "Trying different things".

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I think it's pretty obvious that we SHOULD have done this. If it didn't work, retool it next year. Nobody would have blamed Arnett for doing so.

I mean Arnett himself was chosen to keep continuity. Then he used his power to break the continuity on offense.

All I will say is that it better work out next year.
And some people refused to look at the results. All they wanted to do was to see it gone.

Our opinions and debates on what would work better is not the point here. The point is what was sold was not what the reality to the hire.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I'm saying what was told. I didn't say that Jr was tabbed to be the hire, but the system was tabbed. We did not follow through with that.

Nothing more. Nothing less.
Hold on you haven’t actually “said” anything.

So nut up and say what was said or shut the 17 up loser.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
And some people refused to look at the results. All they wanted to do was to see it gone.

Our opinions and debates on what would work better is not the point here. The point is what was sold was not what the reality to the hire.
So what was sold. Type it clearly for us.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Doesn’t have to work out next year anymore than “sticking with the air raid” would have.

Our fans are as dumb and terrible as everyone else.
Wrong. remove the debate over what fans think will work or won't work or what you prefer. We recruited players to a system. It's what they came here for. The minute that was changed, you risked the roster. Most people refused to look at that because of what they wanted and just knew was best to win the west.

Truth is that we let it be known what we wanted to do and kept players here. We then went a totally different way. This was going to happen.

Reactions: mo7888 and GGFERG

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
We hired Arnett for continuity in a number of ways and bc we didn’t have an AD to help make the hire.

recruiting mainly

he held the class together and it was pretty damn good

he didn’t keep a 51 year old who has never been successful as an offensive coordinator and hasn’t been a great recruiter

BIG 17ING DEAL.
Then he never should have indicated we would maintain the system they came here for. And before you or anybody starts with the "Leach's air raid", that's not what anybody had ever suggested we wanted.

But so you know:

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
It was to keep everyone from transferring and a signing class from folding. There was never a commitment to anything beyond that. I like Arnett, but we could've had a full search. We panicked. I do still think Arnett will be ok, but we'll know fast because we should be good.
Wrong. We most certainly did say that we were going to continue upon what Leach put in place here at MSU.

Reactions: mo7888

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
No one is losing their minds. We can go replace players. But it doesn’t make much sense to lose Tulu. People are right to be concerned about that.
Yeah, we have all said our opinion. We have all said that we are where we are so let's go. There is no turning back at this point. I will support 100%.

That does not make this any less than a messed up situation that did not have to be.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Hold on you haven’t actually “said” anything.

So nut up and say what was said or shut the 17 up loser.
Not sure where you been but I have been saying it. I said it when we went after Briles. That Briles will not be at MSU and that sent a signal that we will not keep an air raid system like stated and that we would see QBs and WRs go. And here we are.

If you can not see how excited Tulu was pre bowl and how he fell off that excitement post bowl, you are willfully burying your head.

It is what it is. Arnett made the hire and we will move on.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Arnett never told any recruit we were going to keep the Mike Leach offense.A high school signee assumed we were and it's turned into Arnett said it.It's false,he never told any recruit we were going to stay Air Raid.
And there it is. The "Mike Leach". Get that outta here. Nobody stated that. And nah... This ain't a HS student. This is team.

Like I said, it's over. Done. The offense is changed and we will move forward with the hire. But don't get pissed about player leaving who we recruited here and came here for a system, then had their coach die, and then told we will continue on.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Wrong. remove the debate over what fans think will work or won't work or what you prefer. We recruited players to a system. It's what they came here for. The minute that was changed, you risked the roster. Most people refused to look at that because of what they wanted and just knew was best to win the west.

Truth is that we let it be known what we wanted to do and kept players here. We then went a totally different way. This was going to happen.
A coach told recruits what they needed to hear to sign them?

OMG!!!

Conman90

Mar 3, 2008
And there it is. The "Mike Leach". Get that outta here. Nobody stated that. And nah... This ain't a HS student. This is team.

Like I said, it's over. Done. The offense is changed and we will move forward with the hire. But don't get pissed about player leaving who we recruited here and came here for a system, then had their coach die, and then told we will continue on.
Tulu came here to play for Moorhead. But please continue your rant.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Then he never should have indicated we would maintain the system they came here for. And before you or anybody starts with the "Leach's air raid", that's not what anybody had ever suggested we wanted.

But so you know:

Can’t read any of those tweets bc they are “sensitive” like players!

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Arnett never told any recruit we were going to keep the Mike Leach offense.A high school signee assumed we were and it's turned into Arnett said it.It's false,he never told any recruit we were going to stay Air Raid.
I have no idea what Arnett told high school recruits.

AND I DONT CARE.

I just want him to recruit well and win and so far he’s par or better.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Not sure where you been but I have been saying it. I said it when we went after Briles. That Briles will not be at MSU and that sent a signal that we will not keep an air raid system like stated and that we would see QBs and WRs go. And here we are.

If you can not see how excited Tulu was pre bowl and how he fell off that excitement post bowl, you are willfully burying your head.

I don’t give a 17 how excited tulu was before or not.

Don’t care. None.

I care way more about whether Arnett is a good coach or not and him doing his thing.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

You seem to be way more pissed about tulu leaving than we are.

Bye Tulu! Good luck.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016

What results exactly? Don't act like we had an unstoppable offense. We didn't. The offense was competent, barely, this year.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Yes we will. Simmons had every option in America. He chose State from the beginning and is one of the most loyal players we've had. Those are the type we still need.

The worst offenders are the guys who didn't have options, then suddenly do after a year or two. They are showing their true colors (like RaRa).
Will you hold this view when players transfer into MSU from a lower tier? Are you going to call them the worst offenders and say they are showing their true colors?

Something tells me you won't do that. Fandom /= consistency.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

Delete

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Looking at 4 QBs leaving in 1 off-season now.
Fine you can go with them too. Bunch of air raid little whiny babies because the new head coach decided to go a different way. You were a blow hard for Moorhead then a blow hard for leach and spurrier jr. Now we got a new guy and like 180 you just wanna cry.

KorbenDallas

Sep 29, 2022
Arnett never told anyone he would be staying with the Air Raid.A recruit and Steve Robertson threw that out.One is a kid and the other has no sources on staff anymore.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
It's just beginning fellas. Take some pictures of our 9 and 4 season and our top 20 finish. You won't be seeing that next year. Maybe 2025 will be our year....haha. Will is probly gone too.

Reactions: Ibdancin and mo7888
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login