Tulu in the portal

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Yes we will. Simmons had every option in America. He chose State from the beginning and is one of the most loyal players we've had. Those are the type we still need.

The worst offenders are the guys who didn't have options, then suddenly do after a year or two. They are showing their true colors (like RaRa).

From the very beginning? Try the very end. He never even committed to us….just signed on the first Wednesday of February. And this will hurt, but guess what, he was 100% bought and paid for just like every 5* recruit always is. Every 17ing time, without any exception. And Freeze thought on signing day he was locked in for OM, which means he took a lot of money from them too and told them he was coming. Not his fault, he got what he needed for himself and his family. But you are naive as all get out to think he just chose MSU out of the goodness of his heart, because of loyalty, or any other reason.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
In the end, let's hope all the starters remain. All the depth remains and we can move forward and grow.

Nothing is ever done until it's done. From Tulu to Rogers. Let's hope they all end up back at MSU!

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I'm not real pleased with all this crap but in the long run it will settle down. I anticipate a worse season next year and that's normal with a new offense but then these guys will start putting the pieces together. And of course they might can piece this together. It's not like the season starts next month.

Reactions: Ibdancin

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
There's no guarantee that had leach lived we would repeat even more so with trying to move to a different version of air raid or promoting miller or spurrier jr.

it's like you guys think air raid is the only offense that can put up points and that our offense was on fire all year of the last three years.

the season flip flops next season and usc is not an easy game and our toss ups are on the road. A lot of those teams have a lot coming back too. but the air raid cult will cry foul if we don't finish with 9 wins even though it was likely we wouldn't have finished that high even if leach was still alive.
THIS

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
From the very beginning? Try the very end. He never even committed to us….just signed on the first Wednesday of February. And this will hurt, but guess what, he was 100% bought and paid for just like every 5* recruit always is. Every 17ing time, without any exception. And Freeze thought on signing day he was locked in for OM, which means he took a lot of money from them too and told them he was coming. Not his fault, he got what he needed for himself and his family. But you are naive as all get out to think he just chose MSU out of the goodness of his heart, because of loyalty, or any other reason.
That’s not what I said…..at all. We are not even talking about the same things.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
That’s not what I said…..at all. We are not even talking about the same things.

We are. You said “he was one of the most loyal players we had”. I disagree. He was no more or less loyal than any pre-transfer portal era starter at MSU. He was just a dude that came here because we made it worth his while, and the rules in place gave him no other choice except for sticking around for 3 years. It’s a different world today. You can’t compare players from that era to now.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We are. You said “he was one of the most loyal players we had”. I disagree. He was no more or less loyal than any pre-transfer portal era starter at MSU. He was just a dude that came here because we made it worth his while, and the rules in place gave him no other choice except for sticking around for 3 years. It’s a different world today. You can’t compare players from that era to now.
Yeah that ain’t true. Yeah he got money, as all 5 stars do. But that guy chose MSU and still loves it.

Money just gets you in the game. He could have gotten more from other schools but chose to come here. Some are pure mercenaries, some are not. Simmons wasn’t.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login