Tulu in the portal

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Somebody tell him he's super special and can take a few snaps in the wildcat next year. If that doesn't appease him, 17'em - space for a TE. Not worth stressing over the whims of an impressionable 20 year old that has the sads. Make your pitch and if they don't pull in the same directions then deuces.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Will you hold this view when players transfer into MSU from a lower tier? Are you going to call them the worst offenders and say they are showing their true colors?

Something tells me you won't do that. Fandom /= consistency.
You’re such an idiot. You don’t even see the point. If you actually kept up with MSU sports, rather than only searching the forum for political posts to troll, you might understand why RaRa sucks.

Did you actually see the tweet I quoted? Of course not. You just wanted to argue.

ShelBitty

Oct 11, 2022
I'm saying what was told. I didn't say that Jr was tabbed to be the hire, but the system was tabbed. We did not follow through with that.

Nothing more. Nothing less.
It wasn't going to be that system anymore as soon as Mike was gone though. I'm almost certain Barbay will use some air raid. The air raid is part of football now but nobody runs pure air raid now. Spurrier Jr threw some wrinkles in there for the bowl game.

mo7888

Oct 18, 2017
My hot take: Rufus Harvey is a better WR than Tulu. Tulu is a great kick returner, but Zavion is back. We've got enough WRs on the roster to compete for spots I'm not worrying a damn bit.

Yup....that's hot....like a steaming pile of ****

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
My point was that we weren't lighting up the scoreboard with the way things were going. So

it seemed like we were adding things in with the air raid principles which have been proven to be successful at every level of football.

So do you want to try those wrinkles with someone who never was an OC or someone who has been?

ShelBitty

Oct 11, 2022
I'm good either way. I'm a Mississippi State fan either way. I'm fine with whatever Arnett wants to do, it's his job. I wasn't expecting one of our best players to leave after trying to recruit everybody to state. I'm just curious as to why he feels the need to leave and I'm sure it has to do with the coaching changes. I'm just speculating like everybody else does on here

Reactions: mo7888

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
It's just beginning fellas. Take some pictures of our 9 and 4 season and our top 20 finish. You won't be seeing that next year. Maybe 2025 will be our year....haha. Will is probly gone too.
There's no guarantee that had leach lived we would repeat even more so with trying to move to a different version of air raid or promoting miller or spurrier jr.

it's like you guys think air raid is the only offense that can put up points and that our offense was on fire all year of the last three years.

the season flip flops next season and usc is not an easy game and our toss ups are on the road. A lot of those teams have a lot coming back too. but the air raid cult will cry foul if we don't finish with 9 wins even though it was likely we wouldn't have finished that high even if leach was still alive.

Reactions: L4Dawg and patdog

mo7888

Oct 18, 2017
There's no guarantee that had leach lived we would repeat even more so with trying to move to a different version of air raid or promoting miller or spurrier jr.

it's like you guys think air raid is the only offense that can put up points and that our offense was on fire all year of the last three years.

the season flip flops next season and usc is not an easy game and our toss ups are on the road. A lot of those teams have a lot coming back too. but the air raid cult will cry foul if we don't finish with 9 wins even though it was likely we wouldn't have finished that high even if leach was still alive.

That sounds like lowering the bar to give this soon to fail approach an excuse..

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012

Crab walking already. Seeing that we won nine games with a terrible quarterback and sucky offense according to many why should we not expect to win nine or more with a much better offense and quarterback? It only makes sense.

Reactions: Ibdancin

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Crab walking already. Seeing that we won nine games with a terrible quarterback and sucky offense according to many why should we not expect to win nine or more with a much better offense and quarterback? It only makes sense.
Don't see how that's crab walking. You and the other air raid cult members hollered the last two years that six wins was on track for our history and that leach was historically right on track. Had leaches lived, with the flip In schedule there isn't a garuntee for 9 wins. If you can't see the offensive struggles in air raid with will, you are just blind to the air raid. We just hired an OC that was better than air raid OC the last two seasons and has run two different styles of offense at both schools. One more pistol and one more pro style. I believe if he gets a qb that will buy in to running whatever he runs then the offense can be successful. And we can go find guys in the portal or recruit more guys like tulu. I believe bumphis is qualified to find more guys that's can move like him. But we also have some players and fans that were married to air raid and want to take their ball and go home. That's fine. Msu was around before the air raid and will be after. Keenum decided to give Arnett the keys. Pretty risky and I would have rather done a national search but they didn't. But I think Barbay has a good track record with better offenses than leach the last two seasons with lesser talent than we had. So I would say between the staff we hired as long as they can get some experience will go in the right direction.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Fine you can go with them too. Bunch of air raid little whiny babies because the new head coach decided to go a different way. You were a blow hard for Moorhead then a blow hard for leach and spurrier jr. Now we got a new guy and like 180 you just wanna cry.
Stop lying. You can't hold your own without lying or something? I never advocated for Spurrier. I never stated that Morrhead should not be fired and called for him to be fired after everything happened. NO I am never going to say a HC needs to be fired after a year or even 2 years. But when a guy losses control and is being walked on by the players, he had to go.

The fact is right now, you can't handle the conversation so you are trying to shift the conversation into a personal attack.

So back to the topic. The staff will have every opportunity to talk all players into remaining. I hope they succeed because we will need our vets in order to compete next year.

patdog

May 28, 2007
2023 schedule is easy is a myth. Turns out, 2022 was the “easy” schedule. A&M and Auburn were both historically bad & we got them both at home. They’ll both be significantly improved next year & on the road. South Carolina is predictively poised for their best season in years right when they rotate onto our schedule. Even Arizona looks to be better than early season 2022.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017

Our offense was pretty anemic and definitely needed tweaking. We have improved every year for the last few years and I'm sure next year we would have again. My comments are mostly directed towards the posters on here that have been complaining every year about how much we suck. Now you got what you wanted. Enjoy it

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Our offense was pretty anemic and definitely needed tweaking. We have improved every year for the last few years and I'm sure next year we would have again. My comments are mostly directed towards the posters on here that have been complaining every year about how much we suck. Now you got what you wanted. Enjoy it
I'm looking forward to a more balanced approach and high efficiency offense. Passing and running. I'm looking forward to a defense not pinning their ears back and is not trying to pass 8-10 downs in a row. Or checking down on 3rd or 4th down. I'm glad we will run an offense that the run and pass complement each other and where we won't just run ball 80 percent or pass 80 percent. I'm also glad it doesn't look like we will go for it on 4th down from our own 30 any more and not back our defense against the wall. Arnett punted a lot more in those situations to give his defense more room to work and play field position. More positive field position is good for our offense going toward.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
it's got to be really depressing for coaches having to recruit 30 - 50 HS and portal kids every year AND having to re-recruit every other player already on the team, too. have to think that's going to discourage some from going into coaching.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Some of you would be happier winning 6 or 7 games next year with no air raid or Will than you would winning 9 games with air raid and Will.
Very doubtful we were going to win 9 this fall under any circumstances.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
2023 schedule is easy is a myth. Turns out, 2022 was the “easy” schedule. A&M and Auburn were both historically bad & we got them both at home. They’ll both be significantly improved next year & on the road. South Carolina is predictively poised for their best season in years right when they rotate onto our schedule. Even Arizona looks to be better than early season 2022.

Any odd numbered year is a myth for an easy schedule, because those are the years we have 1 guaranteed automatic home loss and another 90% guaranteed automatic home loss. Its hard to recover from a 2-2 home SEC record to do anything historic even by MSU standards.

Our odd number year regular season records since the end of the Croom dark ages:

5-7
6-6
6-6
8-4
8-4
6-6
7-5

Combined record against Alabama and LSU those years: 1-13

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
We had a good run but we don’t see significant changes to the way college football is run it will just about be gone in 10 years. The problems we are having with the portal and NIL are no different than what almost all programs are dealing with. Attendance has been falling all over the Country for a few years now and I expect that drop off to escalate rapidly. Most of the fans did not get a free ride through College and now they are being asked to fund the athletes that don’t appear to appreciate the opportunity for a free education and have no loyalty to the university that recruited them. Just wonder how most of them are going to do in the real world after they finish playing football? Would you want to hire them to work in your Company? Me neither. There aren’t many Austin Williams type players left these days. Sad.

patdog

May 28, 2007
With all we had returning particularly on defense, which everyone said was carrying the team, we certainly should have won 9 or more
Nope. That schedule is a lot tougher than last falls schedule. We were likely losing Bama, LSU & 2 out of at Aub, at SC & at A&M regardless of the coach.

Last edited:

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Nope. That schedule is a lot tougher than last falls schedule. We were likely losing Bama, LSU & 2 out of at Aub, at SC & at A&M regardless of the coach.
I guarantee that if we had lost all those games next year with Leach as coach and Will as QB, you’d be screaming bloody murder and demanding changes. Now since we have an offense you apparently approve of, you expect to lose those games and will give the coaches a pass. Interesting.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I guarantee that if we had lost all those games next year with Leach as coach and Will as QB, you’d be screaming bloody murder and demanding changes. Now since we have an offense you apparently approve of, you expect to lose those games and will give the coaches a pass. Interesting.
I had no idea you know me better than I know myself. Those 5 were always going to be tough games. For the record, I think completely abandoning the air raid is a mistake.

Last edited:

mo7888

Oct 18, 2017

100%

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
With a vet defense and a vet offense.

Reactions: mo7888

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
it's got to be really depressing for coaches having to recruit 30 - 50 HS and portal kids every year AND having to re-recruit every other player already on the team, too. have to think that's going to discourage some from going into coaching.
Which is the exact reason we have a staff of guys in their mid 30s. Once guys like Saban, Jimbo, Brian Kelly, and Dabo are gone it’s going to be a young man’s game. You aren’t going to see guys coaching into their 70s any longer. Those massive buyouts will allow coaches to retire or move on to something else and not have to put up with the BS for their entire lives.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Yeah....this was the toughest schedule in college football at the first of the season. But now next year's schedule is the toughest
Yeah. The 2022 schedule turned out to be not as difficult as it looked. Who knew Auburn & A&M would be so historically bad. And Kentucky & Mississippi were both overrated. Maybe we’ll catch a couple of breaks like that in 23 too.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I'm looking forward to a more balanced approach and high efficiency offense. Passing and running. I'm looking forward to a defense not pinning their ears back and is not trying to pass 8-10 downs in a row. Or checking down on 3rd or 4th down. I'm glad we will run an offense that the run and pass complement each other and where we won't just run ball 80 percent or pass 80 percent. I'm also glad it doesn't look like we will go for it on 4th down from our own 30 any more and not back our defense against the wall. Arnett punted a lot more in those situations to give his defense more room to work and play field position. More positive field position is good for our offense going toward.
From what I have been reading here the last few days, I thought I was the only one who was optimistic about our new coaching staff.

Our head coach passed away. If anyone really thought the transition to our future would be easy or bloodless you are fooling yourself. No matter who we woukd have hired at HC or OC there would have been changes. That's just a fact. If you can't accept that you need to find somnething else to cheer for like curling.

We were going to lose coaches. We were going to lose players.

Everything might blow up or we might start a new success story. Nobody knows but some of you need to chill out and quit talking to each other like you are on some morning sports show. Take that **** to another page. We've always had differing opinions but we've usually been adult about it all.

Man, DS is getting anough clicks today to build that theatre room with a wrap around screen and multi-speaker system.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login