What Plans Do the Posters have for the 4th this year?

Mr. Potter

Oct 18, 2021
Going to the Bahamas with Mom and the Boys. I need a break from the Jersey Shore. Daughter got the short end of the sticlk, has to work at her summer internship. I will read I believe Tom posts it annually, the Declaration of Independence as well as a book I was given decades ago with short Bios of all the signers I try to refresh my memory every year for keeping fresh in my mind the reason regarding the 4th of July and its importance in human history.

SSTF to all. I text this to the boys. (Safe, Smart, then FUN)

Starting the Holiday early.

Shalom

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
Going to the Bahamas with Mom and the Boys. I need a break from the Jersey Shore. Daughter got the short end of the sticlk, has to work at her summer internship. I will read I believe Tom posts it annually, the Declaration of Independence as well as a book I was given decades ago with short Bios of all the signers I try to refresh my memory every year for keeping fresh in my mind the reason regarding the 4th of July and its importance in human history.

Shalom
I will likely go to the parade downtown as long as it’s not raining. Have a beer or two there. Come home and grill, have some beer then as well. Likely get talked into going somewhere to watch fireworks.
Unlike you, these summer holidays make me miss being at the Jersey shore. I always get a little pep in my step in memory of the energy at the shore during this time.
Like you, I will read the Declaration after Tom posts it. It’s become a great tradition!

Last edited:

Lion84

Oct 7, 2021
Heading to Barcelona the 4th with Wife and 2 daughters. 3 days there and then 8 day Mediterranean Cruise with stops in France and Italy - 3 days on back end in Rome. Was supposed to take the trip when oldest graduated from High School but got COVID cancelled - now she is a college grad and youngest just graduated from High School on way to PSU UP in the Fall with Student Season Tickets in hand - she got very lucky in the lottery.

s1uggo72

Oct 12, 2021

Shalom
probably fire up the Yacht at some point, last weekend we had all 3 air conditioners plus 3 fans running to try and stay cool. If you are going to the Bahamas you need to go to Spanish Wells. Nothing like the other parts of the Bahamas.

Reactions: Mr. Potter

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
Watch the movie 1776. Feast on baby back ribs.😋 Join the wife on guitar and play a half dozen patriotic songs. Eat more baby back ribs. 😋 Watch a Capitol Fourth on PBS. Eat yet more ribs. 😋
Is that movie with Ken Howard as Thomas Jefferson? I haven’t seen that in years but I loved it when I saw it as a kid!

Bwifan

Oct 12, 2021

In reality will be beach, pool and boat along with smoking picanha on my green egg.

MrTailgate

Oct 19, 2021
Starting off tonight by going to see Jaws on the big screen. I can still remember going to see it when it first came out and the anticipation of it. I can’t remember a movie having the impact it did. There were a LOT of people who would not go in the ocean at the Jersey shore that summer.

Connorpozlee

Oct 29, 2021
Starting off tonight by going to see Jaws on the big screen. I can still remember going to see it when it first came out and the anticipation of it. I can’t remember a movie having the impact it did. There were a LOT of people who would not go in the ocean at the Jersey shore that summer.
I saw that movie on a screen on the beach in Spring Lake, NJ when I was like 6 or 7 years old. Absolutely scared the crap out of me.

Bkmtnittany1

Oct 26, 2021
Your gonna need a bigger boat!

Reactions: ODShowtime

Whart

Oct 8, 2021
Hosting some friends …..lots of BBQ and fixins. Being that we live in DFW temps will hover around 100 so we will be in the pool mucho. Headed east on the 5th to our place in Avalon until Labor Day. A real blessing to avoid the heat in Texas. Hope all have a great summer !

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
Family lives in Lewisville and they said it been miserable. So hot they are coming to visit me in Las Cruces.
I mean how nasty does it have to get to when you say "screw it, lets go to the desert to cool off"? 🤷‍♂️ 🤣

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
Watch the movie 1776. Feast on baby back ribs.😋 Join the wife on guitar and play a half dozen patriotic songs. Eat more baby back ribs. 😋 Watch a Capitol Fourth on PBS. Eat yet more ribs. 😋
The planning involved in playing guitars cracks me up. That’s a super tite ship you got there fair. “Honey, do you think we should play guitars at 1 or 1:20?”

• Haha
Reactions: fairgambit

Whart

Oct 8, 2021
Family lives in Lewisville and they said it been miserable. So hot they are coming to visit me in Las Cruces.
I mean how nasty does it have to get to when you say "screw it, lets go to the desert to cool off"? 🤷‍♂️ 🤣
How is Las Cruces treating you ? Was this a retirement decision to relo?

fairgambit

Oct 12, 2021
The planning involved in playing guitars cracks me up. That’s a super tite ship you got there fair. “Honey, do you think we should play guitars at 1 or 1:20?”
Playing guitar in your 70's, as we do, is often the highlight of our day. Finding an appropriate time among our many other activities (drinking prune juice, bathroom trips, walking across the room, nap time, clipping nose hairs....) is not easy. It takes discipline.;)

Last edited:

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
How is Las Cruces treating you ? Was this a retirement decision to relo?
So far I am really liking it. The monsoons and dust storms are an "adjustment" Ooof. No joke about those winds and sand from those storms. But I'm ok with the heat. It's an incredibly easy town to get around in, although they like running red lights more than drivers in Bmore. The skies are amazing.
As far as retirement... yes, looked at Tucson but it was growing too fast and becoming sprawly. This seems like a much better decision.

Latest posts