What Plans Do the Posters have for the 4th this year?

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Playing guitar in your 70's, as we do, is often the highlight of our day. Finding an appropriate time among our many other activities (drinking prune juice, bathroom trips, walking across the room, nap time, clipping nose hairs....) is not easy. It takes discipline.;)
How I envision The Gambits jamming!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‰

saturdaysarebetter

Jun 28, 2018
Starting off tonight by going to see Jaws on the big screen. I can still remember going to see it when it first came out and the anticipation of it. I canโ€™t remember a movie having the impact it did. There were a LOT of people who would not go in the ocean at the Jersey shore that summer.
What I remember most about seeing Jaws in the movie theater, the part where Richard Dreyfus is in the water and was suprised, the girl in front of me her popcorn went everywhere lol.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
So far I am really liking it. The monsoons and dust storms are an "adjustment" Ooof. No joke about those winds and sand from those storms. But I'm ok with the heat. It's an incredibly easy town to get around in, although they like running red lights more than drivers in Bmore. The skies are amazing.
As far as retirement... yes, looked at Tucson but it was growing too fast and becoming sprawly. This seems like a much better decision.
Hap
So far I am really liking it. The monsoons and dust storms are an "adjustment" Ooof. No joke about those winds and sand from those storms. But I'm ok with the heat. It's an incredibly easy town to get around in, although they like running red lights more than drivers in Bmore. The skies are amazing.
As far as retirement... yes, looked at Tucson but it was growing too fast and becoming sprawly. This seems like a much better decision.
Happy trails.

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
oh, after a solid isometric and aerobic workout, Tgar plans on chilling with the Pit Bulls all day after returning from Mexico. Watch a little soccer, have a watermelon Margarita or two, sister in law has a small dinner gig on the patio lined up. Chill to the max.

Fireworks at 9:45

have fun everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:

razpsu

Oct 19, 2021
Heading to Barcelona the 4th with Wife and 2 daughters. 3 days there and then 8 day Mediterranean Cruise with stops in France and Italy - 3 days on back end in Rome. Was supposed to take the trip when oldest graduated from High School but got COVID cancelled - now she is a college grad and youngest just graduated from High School on way to PSU UP in the Fall with Student Season Tickets in hand - she got very lucky in the lottery.
FYI. Marseilles port closed due to strike.

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
I refuse to recognize July 4! July 2 is the actual day when the resolution to separate from England was approved. July 4 was the date when minor revisions to the DOI were completed.

Happy July 2 all!

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
I was in New Mexico a number of years ago to play some golf and I came away very impressed with (certain) areas. The Turquoise Trail is amazing. I did a side trip up to Santa Fe and was wowed by that town.

Reactions: bbrown

ApexLion

Nov 1, 2021
@bbrown Have you found Caliche's yet? Omg. Hatch ice cream is damn good. I'd like to open one here in NC but I would eat my profits. Maybe I'll open one when we retire to Sandia Park.

Reactions: Tgar and bbrown

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
shhh...we bought 10 acres on the Turquoise Trail by Pakko.
Paako is a great course - Top 100 publically several times, per Golf Digest.

I played Black Mesa when I was out there, and it got onto the top 100 list also - but I have heard it has fallen into disrepair, or at least was not as good as it was.

Reactions: ApexLion

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
@bbrown Have you found Caliche's yet? Omg. Hatch ice cream is damn good. I'd like to open one here in NC but I would eat my profits. Maybe I'll open one when we retire to Sandia Park.
I have, there is one about 2 miles from me and it's very good. There used to be a place outside of Shippensburg called the Igloo and they had really good frozen custard.
On the downside I now have waaayyy too much experience with Caliche soil. That stuff is like cement. ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ
Hatch was a neat little town and Sparky's was excellent. One of the best Green Chile Cheese burgers I've ever had.
Sandi Park is very, very nice.

Reactions: ApexLion

CVLion

Oct 13, 2021
Watch the movie 1776. Feast on baby back ribs.๐Ÿ˜‹ Join the wife on guitar and play a half dozen patriotic songs. Eat more baby back ribs. ๐Ÿ˜‹ Watch a Capitol Fourth on PBS. Eat yet more ribs. ๐Ÿ˜‹
We always look forward to A Capitol Fourth.

And the PBS Memorial Day concertโ€ฆ which is not really a โ€œlook forward to it,โ€ but a โ€œmake damn sure not to miss itโ€ in remembrance of those who made the ultimate sacrifice for us.

Happy 4th everyone!

Karl_Havok

Oct 6, 2021
The wife and I are heading to a BBQ at a friend's place. My wife is making this new mac n cheese recipe she made for the first time a few weeks ago and it's amazing.

Relayer

Oct 12, 2021
Tomorrow we are off to Wyoming/South Dakota for a couple weeks. We've been to Yellowstone and the Tetons, looking forward to driving the Beartooth Highway again.

New places for us will include the Bighorn Mts, Devil's Tower, Black Hills, Mt Rushmore and Badlands NP.

STPGopherfan

Oct 31, 2021
Going to the Bahamas with Mom and the Boys. I need a break from the Jersey Shore. Daughter got the short end of the sticlk, has to work at her summer internship. I will read I believe Tom posts it annually, the Declaration of Independence as well as a book I was given decades ago with short Bios of all the signers I try to refresh my memory every year for keeping fresh in my mind the reason regarding the 4th of July and its importance in human history.

SSTF to all. I text this to the boys. (Safe, Smart, then FUN)

Starting the Holiday early.

Shalom
Avoid drowning... I think we are getting more rain than rainforests.

Latest posts