What would you have done to generate more excitement for State football this year?....

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
With portal and nil now controlling ball it's hard to get amped. We sucked last year. Hired another greenhorn even though he has more potential. Players are all different so hard to follow anyone and follow process. Good players poached. It's expensive as hell now to go to a game. I looked a hotel in Columbus for later in season it was damn 350 a night in Columbus not too mention tickets and food cost and gas. It's easier to sit at home watch the game and if we suck still, flip to another game or go do something else. Perfect storm. New coach, new players, nil, portal, expensive economy, and ease of watching anything on tv just makes it hard to get pumped up to watch msu football now

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Personally I can't wait until kickoff against EK. And I hate to sound like a former coach but what this program needs is for players to make plays. All the other crap will follow if we get some damn high energy plays instead of dink and dunk. We have what I think is the most well rounded talent under center since Dak. And we have a decent offensive line to go with him. I thought that was the most well executed spring game on offense since I've been a Bulldog fan.
We have 6 new starters on the OL according to the article I read yesterday so we don't know what we have there other than Coach speak descriptions and social media talking heads looking for clicks. As for under center we have a QB that's missed 5 or 6 games last 2 seasons with injuries to knee and head. Your an optimist, I'm a pessimist, I hope you're right and I'm wrong

Reactions: Ranchdawg

Dawg84

Jul 28, 2015
It’s just been an exhausting past 6 years. Blowed 2018, suck 2019, new hope 2020 with quick crash after the LSU game, more hope 2021, still hoping 2022 then crash and devastation, inevitable suck 2023 with forced ineptitude.

Now we get gifted a **** sandwich of a schedule for 2024 (Georgia on the road again… yayyy) a new everything on the field.

Couple that with a fanbase that absolutely refuses to get involved financially, making it impossible to keep good coaches and now players due to NIL while we watch teams like Kentucky, Missouri, and Arkansas begin to elevate above us due to buying in. Hell… we can’t get a sizable portion of the fanbase to even give the minimum to the Bulldog Club. “I buy my tickets!! Be thankful for that” while they ***** about the team every weekend in the fall.

We will inevitably, as a fanbase, get sick of UM winning games and ultimately, and predictably, get with the program with NIL about 5 years too late and be behind again.
I hate to even say it, but it seems like the new generation of fans just don’t have the same enthusiasm as older generations.

mcfly.sixpack

Mar 21, 2009
A large part of the problem is the fanbase has no connection to the players. We simply don’t know who they are. We could have fixed that problem with a video series introducing players, their stories etc because all of them are NIL athletes which requires them to do something for payment other than play football.

A summer Hard Knocks series would have done wonders to introduce the fans to the players and coaches and given us a connection to them.

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
You guys are crazy. We brought in a lot of new players and I think that they will gel greatly with the players we already have. We know that Jans will have them playing solid D.... Oh wait, you said football.... Maybe I would have hired Jans as DC.

msugolf

Dec 29, 2008
A large part of the problem is the fanbase has no connection to the players. We simply don’t know who they are. We could have fixed that problem with a video series introducing players, their stories etc because all of them are NIL athletes which requires them to do something for payment other than play football.

A summer Hard Knocks series would have done wonders to introduce the fans to the players and coaches and given us a connection to them.
The real large part of the problem is that our fans are 17n lazy and idiots. The info has been out there for fans if they just give 10 percent effort in investing their attention to the program. But we have a section of fans that are pissed at something always and would rather let people know that they’re pissed rather than trying to be proactive. Acting like kids who want everything done for them without working and then throwing a fit when they don’t get their way.

We will have 6 4 stars starting on defense, 5 of them have been here since high school. Yet we have folks that keep making up false realities that our team has no talent, is completely new and they aren’t worthy to play for MState since they haven’t been here the whole time.

The truth is a lot of State folks didn’t like the Lebby hire. Lot of State folks don’t like Selmon. Lot of State folks don’t like NIL. Lot of State folks don’t like transfers. Lot of State folks don’t like life. So pretty much the stereotype of the fussy, ornery, grumpy State fans are coming out in full and they are tired of holding it back. Just mad at the world and want to quit.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008

Let's just pretend each year we know them and they know us and that they bleed maroon. There's nothing to see here. Every year is an odd mystery

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
The truth is a lot of State folks didn’t like the Lebby hire. Lot of State folks don’t like Selmon. Lot of State folks don’t like NIL. Lot of State folks don’t like transfers. Lot of State folks don’t like life.
Ding ding ding! Winner! And the difference between Ole Miss and State, as of late, is that Ole Miss fans mostly embraced NIL and MSU fans mostly did not. That's partly why they're preseason #6 and we aren't ranked. Gotta play the game to get on the leader board. Quitters never win.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
You have got to be kidding.

ok. Let’s start with striking oil

Seriously. Come up with burn wet mule money to go out and buy the best ***** *** athletes on the block

are you really asking this question?
And where do we get this money from. Georgia Tech just got a commitment from an OL for $800k a year, straight out of high school.

Reactions: 85Bears

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020

There isn't much reason to get to know them. If they are any good this year, they will be gone next year.

Reactions: Wesson Bulldog

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
There isn't much reason to get to know them. If they are any good this year, they will be gone next year.
Another false take. We have lost two players due to NIL.. 2. One went to LSU for less than what we offered him cause he wanted to go home the other is going jail…

This whole we ain’t got no money and this wel as soon as they had success here they are gone. That’s so 17iing so busch league BS. We have so many fans who would do exactly what Mcfly said, ***** moan and complain instead of making some small sacrifices like not getting that lunch out every day or stop going to coffee shop every single morning and step up and donate even if it’s as little as 10 a month.
We want to talk about state being family or we are all about people. The issue I have is that’s BS cause now when we need our fans to step up. They don’t they cower under and rock. I’m glad we have fans that don’t share that sentiment.
I wished we would stop the po ol state mentality

Reactions: trob115

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
The truth is a lot of State folks didn’t like the Lebby hire. Lot of State folks don’t like Selmon. Lot of State folks don’t like NIL. Lot of State folks don’t like transfers. Lot of State folks don’t like life. So pretty much the stereotype of the fussy, ornery, grumpy State fans are coming out in full and they are tired of holding it back. Just mad at the world and want to quit.
Solid summary! We've got the largest collection of "don't give damn," "quitter mentality," "barely football knowledgeable, "cheap as hell" fans in college football. Most think it should still be 1995, when in reality everything in life, including college football changes over time. Our fans ***** about the school being behind/slow to change, but that's what the fan base is. We've got a lot of ultra conservative fans that think change is the end of the world, when change won't hurt State football anymore than our history.

Reactions: Bulldawg77

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
Solid summary! We've got the largest collection of "don't give damn," "quitter mentality," "barely football knowledgeable, "cheap as hell" fans in college football. Most think it should still be 1995, when in reality everything in life, including college football changes over time. Our fans ***** about the school being behind/slow to change, but that's what the fan base is. We've got a lot of ultra conservative fans that think change is the end of the world, when change won't hurt State football anymore than our history.
Couldn’t agree more but you can bet your *** they know who’s batting 6th or who’s playing third .

patdog

May 28, 2007
The real large part of the problem is that our fans are 17n lazy and idiots. The info has been out there for fans if they just give 10 percent effort in investing their attention to the program. But we have a section of fans that are pissed at something always and would rather let people know that they’re pissed rather than trying to be proactive. Acting like kids who want everything done for them without working and then throwing a fit when they don’t get their way.

We will have 6 4 stars starting on defense, 5 of them have been here since high school. Yet we have folks that keep making up false realities that our team has no talent, is completely new and they aren’t worthy to play for MState since they haven’t been here the whole time.

That’s a bullsh*t argument. Just like the old Templeton & prior days, athletic dept just sits back and expects the fans to put forth the effort on their own. A good, progressive athletic dept understands that a good marketing & social media program pays for itself many times over. It’s not the fans responsibility.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
That’s a bullsh*t argument. Just like the old Templeton & prior days, athletic dept just sits back and expects the fans to put forth the effort on their own. A good, progressive athletic dept understands that a good marketing & social media program pays for itself many times over. It’s not the fans responsibility.
Yes it is. I’m not blindly just going to follow the ‘step up’ campaign when we’ve have known, documented disadvantages to deal with that no one will admit nor address. I want to know why our current strategy is going to do anything except keep us in our current place in the pecking order, while wasting a lot of money.

I want to move up in that pecking order, and use our money strategically. Until we address this, I’m out on it. Cohen tried, we ran him out.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
Yes it is. I’m not blindly just going to follow the ‘step up’ campaign when we’ve have known, documented disadvantages to deal with that no one will admit nor address. I want to know why our current strategy is going to do anything except keep us in our current place in the pecking order, while wasting a lot of money.

I want to move up in that pecking order, and use our money strategically. Until we address this, I’m out on it. Cohen tried, we ran him out.
Show me you know zero what you’re talking about …. Any goat post that includes cohen. You are soooo miss informed. You and Pat and 85 just don’t want to step up. Facts.

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
Access to practice for the local media to get more info should have been a given, along with bringing back the uniforms that almost anyone who actually cares about uniforms wants would have been 2 things that would have helped.

mcfly.sixpack

Mar 21, 2009
Also, the administration basically giving no update or showing any signs of progress addressing upgrades to the stadium aesthetics (speakers, lights, WiFi , etc) doesnt make the fan feel like a priority.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Show me you know zero what you’re talking about …. Any goat post that includes cohen. You are soooo miss informed. You and Pat and 85 just don’t want to step up. Facts.
You need to be more mad at all the homegrown companies over the years who have sold out or moved their major operations out of state. That’s the muscle we would have needed for many things, including NIL. But expecting folks like me to fund it is misguided. It also pushed a lot of jobs out of state, and our alumni followed.

It’s a rich man’s game and we don’t have enough of them. I’m sorry to break this to you, but Ole Miss is way more equipped to play this game in this era. They were kept in check in the last one and we were able to hang with them. Now? We need us a T-Boone or 3.

Reactions: Mr. Cook

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
You need to be more mad at all the homegrown companies over the years who have sold out or moved their major operations out of state. That’s the muscle we would have needed for many things, including NIL. But expecting folks like me to fund it is misguided. It also pushed a lot of jobs out of state, and our alumni followed.

It’s a rich man’s game and we don’t have enough of them. I’m sorry to break this to you, but Ole Miss is way more equipped to play this game in this era. They were kept in check in the last one and we were able to hang with them. Now? We need us a T-Boone or 3.
We have alumni with money for our state Ducebag who give plenty. Just cause you think we aren’t equipped downs mean we are. I shudder to think where we would be with penny pincher cohen still here. You are just a dumass

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Obviously wins are all that matter but I just feel like it's more of a bore than normal. It could be perfect storm of expectations, NIL, no idea who our players our, lack of public info, etc.
It’s boring because the reality is we’re not relevant, haven’t ever been relevant, and more than likely will not ever be relevant as a football program.

And the farther you get away from MSU being your stomping grounds for 4 years, it becomes increasingly of less interest as MSU’s lack of success in football seemingly is perpetual, despite any predictable changes it implements.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Also, the administration basically giving no update or showing any signs of progress addressing upgrades to the stadium aesthetics (speakers, lights, WiFi , etc) doesnt make the fan feel like a priority.
They talked about it last week. Going to be some temporary stuff this season and upgrades coming next year if all the financials get settled soon with everything going on. They also sent out surveys to season ticket holders earlier this year about a lot of stuff.
Y'all don't even try to keep up but you'll complain.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

msugolf

Dec 29, 2008
Hahaha BS my ***! What’s “your” example of a progressive athletic department? Do you follow hailstate fb and other sports on instagram? X (twitter)?

We are doing the same things as other top programs are doing on marketing. So I’m curious to what you’re looking for.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
They talked about it last week. Going to be some temporary stuff this season and upgrades coming next year if all the financials get settled soon with everything going on. They also sent out surveys to season ticket holders earlier this year about a lot of stuff.
With 26 of the last 30 seasons having .500 or worse SEC conference record, what makes you think that anyone would *want* to keep up with surveys?

Here’s the only fan response the MSU administration needs to take to heart: “Put a solid product on the field and win”

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
With 26 of the last 30 seasons having .500 or worse SEC conference record, what makes you think that anyone would *want* to keep up with surveys?

Here’s the only fan response the MSU administration needs to take to heart: “Put a solid product on the field and win”
I'm not concerned with OM fans

mcfly.sixpack

Mar 21, 2009
There will not be any temporary fix, I can promise you. The west ribbon board has panels out and so does the south Jumbotron. Two weeks before kickoff they showed videos to people who have paid for ads and they didn’t even know the boards weren’t working properly.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Man ngl tailgating barefooted at my couch inside ice cold AC with beer in the fridge and nacho stains on my T-shirt sounds like the best game plan

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
There will not be any temporary fix, I can promise you. The west ribbon board has panels out and so does the south Jumbotron. Two weeks before kickoff they showed videos to people who have paid for ads and they didn’t even know the boards weren’t working properly.
It was all working today

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We have alumni with money for our state Ducebag who give plenty. Just cause you think we aren’t equipped downs mean we are. I shudder to think where we would be with penny pincher cohen still here. You are just a dumass
You’re not going to get anywhere by calling other fans dubmasses. Let me guess, you’re about 25 years old?

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006

Yep. It ain’t just the homegrown companies, it’s Mississippi State, its alumni, and even more importantly — the State of Mississippi.

Many alumni do very well thanks to the education obtained at Mississippi State University.

Unfortunately the State of Mississippi does not offer good environments for Mississippians to reside in or has the economic wherewithal — and more importantly the desire— to attract the businesses that hire MSU’s graduates.

Mississippi is dying.

When Keenum retires within five years or so, we know the IHL will 17 over the university.

So tell me why I should be interested in a nonresponsive athletics department of a university that’s well on its way to being the next Delta State considering its lack of interest in recruiting students outside the state when Mississippi’s population is withering on its vine?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Yep. It ain’t just the homegrown companies, it’s Mississippi State, its alumni, and even more importantly — the State of Mississippi.

Many alumni do very well thanks to the education obtained at Mississippi State University.

Unfortunately the State of Mississippi does not offer good environments for Mississippians to reside in or has the economic wherewithal — and more importantly the desire— to attract the businesses that hire MSU’s graduates.

Mississippi is dying.

When Keenum retires within five years or so, we know the IHL will 17 over the university.

So tell me why I should be interested in a nonresponsive athletics department of a university that’s well on its way to being the next Delta State considering its lack of interest in recruiting students outside the state when the Mississippi’s population is withering on its vine?
Man I really do love Keenum. I do. He was great for us. But my opinion is he fell into the typical MSU fandom somewhere along in the process. And I know he has protected us from a bunch of bullshlt.

It just fuels my feelings of “why the 17 do I care?”

I always go back to Greg Byrne. His influence fueled a decade of relevance. And we’re working hard to undo it all.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Everything will be fine once the season starts. We are entering a season with a lot of unknowns and 2 of the last 4 coaches we hired failed so there is a lot of apprehension with Lebby. However, Lebby has been very successful everywhere he has coached. The spring game this year versus last gave me some hope for this season.
I'm looking forward to the season. We always find a way to play good defense at State and we have an offensive minded head coach. I'm hoping our players will find a way to playing beyond their star ratings.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Man I really do love Keenum. I do. He was great for us. But my opinion is he fell into the typical MSU fandom somewhere along in the process. And I know he has protected us from a bunch of bullshlt.

It just fuels my feelings of “why the 17 do I care?”

I always go back to Greg Byrne. His influence fueled a decade of relevance. And we’re working hard to undo it all.
Kennum provided stability at a time when MSU needed it and delivered. It’s been almost a 15-year run

However, It will take another brand of leadership to take MSU to the “next level.” And that definitely includes athletics.

Change for the sake of change is never a justification. MSU has failed to have a vision to manage the future landscape — and part of that rests with the leadership in Mississippi, as well

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Nah.

He works for Development and Alumni. **
Seinfeld Soup GIF

• Haha
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login