What would you have done to generate more excitement for State football this year?....

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
So tell me why I should be interested in a nonresponsive athletics department of a university that’s well on its way to being the next Delta State considering its lack of interest in recruiting students outside the state when Mississippi’s population is withering on its vine?
“I have Mr. Greg Sankey on Line 1 and the Commissioner of the Sun Belt on Line 2.”*****

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
I always go back to Greg Byrne. His influence fueled a decade of relevance. And we’re working hard to undo it all.
This is an excellent point. To find an AD that would maintain the trajectory of Byrne was necessary but unachievable. MSU promoted from within and…well…we see how that panned out

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
The Truth Reality GIF by DrSquatchSoapCo

• Haha
Reactions: Maroon Eagle

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
I hesitate to talk about athletics here because this site (not the pay side), is about as laughable as it gets for a MSU board athletically speaking (It's a good time otherwise). But some of you basically admit to not supporting us while you just complain about everything. That makes you a loser, sack of of crap. I'd much prefer you all just admit you're here to stir the pot rather than pretend you're an actual fan who supports the school.

Reactions: msugolf

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I hesitate to talk about athletics here because this site (not the pay side), is about as laughable as it gets for a MSU board athletically speaking (It's a good time otherwise). But some of you basically admit to not supporting us while you just complain about everything. That makes you a loser, sack of of crap. I'd much prefer you all just admit you're here to stir the pot rather than pretend you're an actual fan who supports the school.
Payboard is the new Genespage

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
So, if one were to have supported in the past, and the present day is the result, why would one continue to support in the future?

There is no pot to stir.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
We have fans that hate positive momentum. They wish JWS and CML was walking through that door when the 12,000 BC members were footing the bill and not them

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We have fans that hate positive momentum. They wish JWS and CML was walking through that door when the 12,000 BC members were footing the bill and not them
Dude seriously shut up, you’re getting boring. A lot of us have supported MSU for years with money, butts in seats, etc. the current trends are concerning and acting like they aren’t makes YOU the bltch, not me.

msugolf

Dec 29, 2008
We absolutely have fans that are more comfortable and happier with State being shi**y. They have this weird obsession with seeing who can be the most negative, miserable fan and hoping we fail

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
But some of you basically admit to not supporting us while you just complain about everything. That makes you a loser, sack of of crap.

Dude seriously shut up, you’re getting boring. A lot of us have supported MSU for years with money, butts in seats, etc. the current trends are concerning and acting like they aren’t makes YOU the bltch, not me.

People forget but the United States is in an economic recession.

People’s priorities have been re-examined.

Is giving money to Mississippi State athletics — via the Bulldog Club and NIL —a good value that brings me joy?

No, it’s not.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021

Is giving money to Mississippi State athletics — via the Bulldog Club and NIL —a good value that brings me joy?

No, it’s not.
This is the reality for a lot of programs out there. MSU isn’t the only one in this boat, either.

it’s called “donor fatigue”

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
You haven’t though so…. Tell me more. You haven’t given a dime to BC or BI ever.. EVER. You didn’t even go to state You like them apples goat?
Feel free to tell us how you a non state grad would improve our situation. While us actual state grads donate to both BC and NI.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think its compounded by last year. Some of the decisions made just sour a lot of people.
Last season was just really a killer for any momentum Leach had been building. Couple that with another round of meh coaching hires (Lebby maybe not so bad but assistant hires look really bad)mediocre ranked HS & portal recruiting & a brutal schedule, and it’s not hard to see why there’s so little fan enthusiasm going into this season.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Last season was just really a killer for any momentum Leach had been building. Couple that with another round of meh coaching hires (Lebby maybe not so bad but assistant hires look really bad)mediocre ranked HS & portal recruiting & a brutal schedule, and it’s not hard to see why there’s so little fan enthusiasm going into this season.
Honestly, whatever your view of Leach its obvious if you just roll with what you have you have a pretty good season and the timing of this is crucial. NIL era. 17 it up royally and you set yourself back to where you dont have the funds to catch up

well, letting some boosters hire the staff and decide they are gonna run the ball freaking ended in disaster.

so so dumb and amateurish. Better dig deep in your pockets and bail these good ol boys out. They are playing with house money apparently

Reactions: patdog

msugolf

Dec 29, 2008
What current trends? NIL is up. We’re getting visits from some of the best recruits in the upcoming classes, all because of Lebby and his offense. Our basketball program is in a great place. So what trends are you talking about?

Reactions: Bulldawg77

patdog

May 28, 2007
What current trends? NIL is up. We’re getting visits from some of the best recruits in the upcoming classes, all because of Lebby and his offense. Our basketball program is in a great place. So what trends are you talking about?
NIL is up? To paraphrase Tom Cruise, show me the signings. Our 2025 class is currently ranked #36. Not terrible. But nothing special so far.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
NIL is up? To paraphrase Tom Cruise, show me the signings. Our 2025 class is currently ranked #36. Not terrible. But nothing special so far.

You don’t understand how any of this works do you? Just go ahead and admit it. It’s ok….there’s lots of special folks out there who can find their place in society

LOL. Pat’s an accountant and he’s surprised NIL is up because no one shows anyone the money when it comes to NIL.

Do *you* know what the money situation is like?

I bet you don’t other than that NIL is up.

And you know what: If I gave $1 that means someone can truthfully say that NIL is up even more… 😂😂😂

MSU has the smallest donor base…
in the lowest populated state in the SEC (maybe Arkansas has less but they aren’t affected with multiple conference teams)…

Reactions: patdog and 85Bears

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
LOL. Pat’s an accountant and he’s surprised NIL is up because no one shows anyone the money when it comes to NIL.

And you know what: If I gave $1 that means someone can truthfully say that NIL is up even more… 😂😂😂

in the lowest populated state in the SEC (maybe Arkansas has less but they aren’t affected with multiple conference teams)…
Yes up from really low to terribly low is up. Arkansas is NIL rich in NW arkansas. They can buy a football team when they decide to just like they did in basketball with Calipari

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
It's easy once you accept that we are a perennial mid SEC football 6 win season with a bowl game each year. We weren't last year and we may not be this year, but it will normalize soon and we will be right back in the middle of the pack and just happy to be here. Yes I'm quite happy with a mediocre football program, a good basketball program and at times a great baseball program.

msugolf

Dec 29, 2008

Accountant eh? Good for Pat. I’ll mention ol Patdog to Zac and Jans next time I have dinner with them. Maybe I’ll tell them to take my company’s name off the ribbon boards at all 3 stadiums. And maybe I’ll tell them that ol Patdog has some super ideas on how to have a progressive athletic department with a fan stuck in the 80s. Open practices! Go door to door with every fan base! Disclose weekly funds raised to appease the pessimists bastard state folks!

And maybe I’ll tell our guys at the NIL meetings that it’s pointless to keep going out there to try and get this thing going because ol goat, Maroon Eagle, 85Bears think players aren’t loyal enough anymore. That if you aren’t true maroon from birth don’t come here and put that jersey on because you’re a fake.

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019

No, it’s not.
I give more than I've ever given and I've got two kids in school there. I see excuses unless someone just says they can't afford it (And that's ok to say). We all have things that set us back. No one here has said they can't afford it.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
The excuse brigade is rolling in here tonight. I love State but, but, but I don't support State blah, blah, blah it's damn laughable! If you can't afford it, cool. But that's damn sure not what I'm hearing here. I'm hearing excuses.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Accountant eh? Good for Pat. I’ll mention ol Patdog to Zac and Jans next time I have dinner with them. Maybe I’ll tell them to take my company’s name off the ribbon boards at all 3 stadiums. And maybe I’ll tell them that ol Patdog has some super ideas on how to have a progressive athletic department with a fan stuck in the 80s. Open practices! Go door to door with every fan base! Disclose weekly funds raised to appease the pessimists bastard state folks!

And maybe I’ll tell our guys at the NIL meetings that it’s pointless to keep going out there to try and get this thing going because ol goat, Maroon Eagle, 85Bears think players aren’t loyal enough anymore. That if you aren’t true maroon from birth don’t come here and put that jersey on because you’re a fake.
Seriously? You think NIL is up? We just lost at least 3 good starters to good West Coast teams. Where was NIL? And yes, I am giving. More to NIL than I ever have to the Bulldog Club. But I'm not foolish enough to look at the results so far and think we're even in the top 12 in the SEC in NIL. And honestly, I just hope we're that high. My advice to Zac would be to raise a hell of a lot more NIL money, even if it means less Bulldog Club money.

patdog

May 28, 2007
The excuse brigade is rolling in here tonight. I love State but, but, but I don't support State blah, blah, blah it's damn laughable! If you can't afford it, cool. But that's damn sure not what I'm hearing here. I'm hearing excuses.
Agree. There's no excuse to not contribute to Bulldog Initiative if you care about Mississippi State athletics. I don't care how much you hate the NIL/transfer world we live in. It's the world we live in and we need to do a lot better job adapting to it.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Seriously? You think NIL is up? We just lost at least 3 good starters to good West Coast teams. Where was NIL? And yes, I am giving. More to NIL than I ever have to the Bulldog Club. But I'm not foolish enough to look at the results so far and think we're even in the top 12 in the SEC in NIL. And honestly, I just hope we're that high. My advice to Zac would be to raise a hell of a lot more NIL money, even if it means less Bulldog Club money.
It's up. We had a few big hitters donate recently. We didn't lose guys either. We didn't want Rogers back, not Nicholson. Woody stayed hurt but all those guys gave their time here. Two were 4 year guys and one was a two year guy from Juco. We just didn't try to keep them. You guys that think everything is about NIL are lost. That's not the case at all. We've lost guys we had the highest bid on. We got guys we didn't. And that's in every sport, not just football. Pat, I know you're a good guy. I just think you want to give up too easy. And that's not uncommon for State fans and that's a huge problem. I'm just tired of the quit in our fan base. We'd lose our crap if a player acted like that. We gave Mullen a hard time for job shopping even though he was a great coach here.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
It's up. We had a few big hitters donate recently. We didn't lose guys either. We didn't want Rogers back, not Nicholson. Woody stayed hurt but all those guys gave their time here. Two were 4 year guys and one was a two year guy from Juco. We just didn't try to keep them. You guys that think everything is about NIL are lost. That's not the case at all. We've lost guys we had the highest bid on. We got guys we didn't. And that's in every sport, not just football.
We wanted raydar not nicholson pretty smart. How about Percy ? Hes startng for Auburn

patdog

May 28, 2007
It's up. We had a few big hitters donate recently. We didn't lose guys either. We didn't want Rogers back, not Nicholson. Woody stayed hurt but all those guys gave their time here. Two were 4 year guys and one was a two year guy from Juco. We just didn't try to keep them. You guys that think everything is about NIL are lost. That's not the case at all. We've lost guys we had the highest bid on. We got guys we didn't. And that's in every sport, not just football. Pat, I know you're a good guy. I just think you want to give up too easy. And that's not uncommon for State fans and that's a huge problem. I'm just tired of the quit in our fan base. We'd lose our crap if a player acted like that. We have Mullen a hard time for job shopping even though he was a great coach here.
I hope you’re right. Especially about the big donors stepping up. I’ll believe it when I see the results. But if we’re not even trying to keep players that schools like Washington, Oregon & Southern Cal want, that’s a problem.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
We wanted raydar not nicholson pretty smart. How about Percy ? Hes startng for Auburn
Neither would help us. Nicholson had like 5 pass break ups in his career. It's a wash. We upgraded big time over Percy who was looking to make money and have a guaranteed starting spot more than be great.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Neither would help us. Nicholson had like 5 pass break ups in his career. It's a wash. We upgraded big time over Percy who was looking to make money and have a guaranteed starting spot more than be great.
No we didn’t upgrade over Percy and Nicholson is better than any corner we have

Reactions: patdog

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
First Raydar was in the 23 class and not the 24. Second Percy Lewis is struggling at AU, in fact Freeze has called out the OL already and it’s a worry for them. They have tried to give him RT snaps but he doesn’t have the feet to play LT in this league. Meanwhile Pounders has locked down our LT position. So yeah we got the better end of the deal with pounders over Lewis.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
I hope you’re right. Especially about the big donors stepping up. I’ll believe it when I see the results. But if we’re not even trying to keep players that schools like Washington, Oregon & Southern Cal want, that’s a problem.
Will left for Washington and Lebby never had a problem with Will moving on. We up graded at QB. Hell I’ll be shocked if Will the starter by November. Decarlos is a good player but people forget that towards the end of last year when the defense was actually playing better he was beat out by a true freshman in Pollock.
Woody gave his all here but we didn’t lose him due to NIL. He had one more year left and he transferred that happens. Lee and Booth are equal to woody.
We didn’t lose anyone to Oregon so not sure how that came about. We beat Oregon on Van Buren I know hard for some people to believe we out recruited Phil knight and the ducks

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Ding ding ding! Winner! And the difference between Ole Miss and State, as of late, is that Ole Miss fans mostly embraced NIL and MSU fans mostly did not. That's partly why they're preseason #6 and we aren't ranked. Gotta play the game to get on the leader board. Quitters never win.
It helps when you have program stability, and a coach that all the fan base believes in.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login