What would you have done to generate more excitement for State football this year?....

campshelbydog1116

Oct 27, 2022
No we didn’t upgrade over Percy and Nicholson is better than any corner we have
Percy went to Auburn because he was going to be the swing guy here and he wanted to start. Rogers went to Washington because he was not wanted here by Lebby. We obviously wanted to keep the tailback. Nicholson was someone we didn't ask to leave either, but he was extremely mediocre last year. Overall, we upgraded significantly in the portal over what we had last year. The OL and WR will be the strength of the team.

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
I see so many on here say "We've never been good" or "we can't win big". Instead, they should be asking "what can I do to help?" We got close with Mullen, the last three coaches and even Croom had "good" seasons. It's not like we've sucked. OM kept improving until they got to a point and threw all their money into the middle to bet on themselves. We can do that too. But building doesn't happen without support. We've got too many sitting back and wanting someone else to help or do something- Get involved instead of sitting on your hands complaining.

Reactions: Mr. Cook and patdog

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I see so many on here say "We've never been good" or "we can't win big". Instead, they should be asking "what can I do to help?" We got close with Mullen, the last three coaches and even Croom had "good" seasons. It's not like we've sucked. OM kept improving until they got to a point and threw all their money into the middle to bet on themselves. We can do that too. But building doesn't happen without support. We've got too many sitting back and wanting someone else to help or do something- Get involved instead of sitting on your hands complaining.
You have to have some sort of plan to unite the fanbase, as an athletic department.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
1000% agree!

we have some posters on here that have dug there heels in on we can’t compete. The dumbest take to me still is the praise of cohen. This we can’t win or we don’t have the funds is just ignorant. It stems from the LT days when he hated to go out and raise money or speak at alumni meetings he would just tote this company line that we are poor and we can’t win. TLT didn’t do anything to progress athletics. In fact we won inspite of LT. Hell LT didn’t want to hire Sherill, Dr Z stepped in and fought for JWS And goats golden boy Cohen hired slomo then was about to hire Joe judge until the giants hired him. Thank his we had some folks step up and make the deal with Leach. He and cohen didn’t see eye to eye. I know that’s going pour cold water on a few folks agenda and narrative. Cohen was never going to accept the NIL world unless it benefited club sport.
Sleman has done more in 18 months than cohen did in 6 years.

Bulldawg77

Dec 1, 2019
You have to have some sort of plan to unite the fanbase, as an athletic department.
Selman and Lebby are trying. You are just to ignorant to notice cause your head is so far up your *** to notice. No matter what they do to gain or push excitement you come back with your BS takes about we are poor we can’t win we don’t have this or that.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login