Why Social Media is enriching our lives, while it eats away at the fabric of our society.

manatree

Oct 6, 2021

Am I the only one that finds these types of columns silly?

With four new teams joining the Big Ten, here's a look at how @pennstateWREST will be impacted

I doubt that this merger will ever impact Penn State Wrestling. The point of this move is to increase revenue for football & men's basketball, NOT to spend more money by expanding the other sports. As it is, this will increase travel expenses for existing sports like baseball, golf, tennis, etc. There's a greater chance of PSU & Iowa adding water polo than there is for USC & UCLA adding wrestling.

Dec 23, 2021

I doubt that this merger will ever impact Penn State Wrestling. The point of this move is to increase revenue for football & men's basketball, NOT to spend more money by expanding the other sports. As it is, this will increase travel expenses for existing sports like baseball, golf, tennis, etc. There's a greater chance of PSU & Iowa adding water polo than there is for USC & UCLA adding wrestling.
I wouldn't use the word silly. In my opinion, this barely qualifies as filler material. Quite frankly, given a few well crafted sentences as "prompts", one of the major AI's could have churned something out that was much higher quality.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021

no, I think you're on the right path. I linked the article since it was written by the Collegian, and was about PSU wrestling. I try to support them, and post anything they write about PSU wrestling. That said, I read the and debated whether to even link it. It really doesn't offer much news or information.

• Love
Reactions: lionlover

lionlover

Oct 6, 2021
no, I think you're on the right path. I linked the article since it was written by the Collegian, and was about PSU wrestling. I try to support them, and post anything they write about PSU wrestling. That said, I read the and debated whether to even link it. It really doesn't offer much news or information.
Finale Love GIF by The Bachelorette Australia

• Haha
Reactions: Tom McAndrew

SleepyLion

Sep 1, 2022

Water polo is an easy add for both PSU and iowa. Both already have horse barns. Just need to build bigger pools.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021

Men's FS team members of note:
- Evan Restivo, 38 Kg, M2 Training Center (took gold)
- Keegan Bassett, 41 Kg, Young Guns WC (took gold)
- Chase Karenbauer, 44 Kg, Bad Karma WC (Hermitage, PA) (took gold)
- Mateo Gallegos, 48 Kg, M2 Training Center (took bronze)
- Mario Hutcherson, 75 Kg, Young Guns WC (took gold)

52 Kg, 57 Kg, 62 Kg, 68 Kg, & 85 Kg were not PA wrestlers

Reactions: Spice67

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Carter " projected" at 197???!!!

who knows. The typical offseason guessing game for PSU wrestling (where guys may move within the roster in terms of weight class). CStar mentioned some time ago that CS had raised 197 as an option. Willie, on BaschAMania today, indicated that he doesn't see it -- he expects CStar at 184.

Reactions: ElDuce
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login