Will Rogers = Danny Wuerffell

MSUSaint15

Oct 18, 2020
For those old enough to have seen the ‘fun & gun’ with the Florida Gators, the more I watch Will Rogers the more he reminds me of Danny Wuerffell. Especially on touch passes and passes where he throws to a spot instead of throwing at a receiver.

I don’t think Will has a shot at the Heisman this year but if he keeps growing and the team keeps winning we might have a legit Heisman candidate next year.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I bet Texas A&M wishes they had Will tonight their quarterback looks like a deer in the headlights.

Chuck Yeager

Apr 6, 2020
If Will keeps going he's better than Danny. His pocket presence, ability to throw dimes while scrambling either left or right, and finding any of his receivers post-snap and while under pressure ... all that's better than Danny IMO. The ice water in his veins part is pretty darn good too.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
For those old enough to have seen the ‘fun & gun’ with the Florida Gators, the more I watch Will Rogers the more he reminds me of Danny Wuerffell. Especially on touch passes and passes where he throws to a spot instead of throwing at a receiver.

I don’t think Will has a shot at the Heisman this year but if he keeps growing and the team keeps winning we might have a legit Heisman candidate next year.

I've noticed the same and he's even better in some ways. For being where he is so far it's quite impressive

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Don’t go too far. Rogers is good in the Air Raid, as were many others. Still got to get it done, but just throwing that out there.

He ain’t at Woerrfel level yet but it is a decent comparison.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Well, Weurffel wasn't that great outside of the Fun and Gun either. The air raid is the offense he's running and he's doing a pretty damn good job of it. I don't care what his NFL prospects are, he's a good QB for this team and I'm glad we have him.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Well, Weurffel wasn't that great outside of the Fun and Gun either. The air raid is the offense he's running and he's doing a pretty damn good job of it. I don't care what his NFL prospects are, he's a good QB for this team and I'm glad we have him.
Not sure why you are stalking me tonight, but you essentially agreed with me. At least you didn’t spam the downvote this time.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login