Will the SEC get left out?

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Would they though? Who have either of them beat non conference? Heck, who has anyone in the SEC beat non conference? Louisville & Arizona may be the best 2 non conference wins. That’s poor.
Nice try, but the SEC had the #1 nonconference winning % of any league. Also the #1 overall SOS. Big 12 was pretty bad in both.

IMG_5414.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: msugolf

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
So statistics and slight of hand trump on field results ? I think you have it bassackwards
Texas has the worst loss of any team in the CFP picture. The “on field results” don’t only include the head-to-head.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
  • Strength of schedule, head‐to‐head competition and championships won must be specifically applied as tie‐breakers between teams that look similar;
Texas wins head to head and Alabama wins SOS

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
A 12-1 Texas gets the bid over a 12-1 Bama. Head to head is a stated criteria of the cfp committee. All other arguments made here are good ones but none of them are stated criteria of the committee.
  • Strength of schedule, head‐to‐head competition and championships won must be specifically applied as tie‐breakers between teams that look similar;
But there's an out

Reactions: Perd Hapley

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
So statistics and slight of hand trump on field results ? I think you have it bassackwards
Hilarious coming from the guy who argued under at least 2 usernames that an undefeated FSU should be bumped out for a 1-loss B1G or 1-loss Texas only because their QB got hurt.

Keep those hits coming, blitz2bears.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Hilarious coming from the guy who argued under at least 2 usernames that an undefeated FSU should be bumped out for a 1-loss B1G or 1-loss Texas only because their QB got hurt.

Keep those hits coming, blitz2bears.
that’s funny, I don’t see the big ten getting two, and I definitely see UT getting in. you’re coming unglued.

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
The point is anything can happen in a single given week over a 13-game college football season. The best team doesn’t always win every single matchup. That’s why the committee has to compare the entire body of work.

And when comparing what Texas and Alabama each would have done in their other 12 contests, Alabama’s results are far, far better than Texas. What “happens on the field” isn’t only what happens when two teams play one time.

Here's another thing that could factor in. Not only did Texas beat Bama, they beat them in Tuscaloosa by double digits. Not looking like it's going to matter anyway just by judging this first 6 minutes of the Bama/UGA game. Still a long way to go though.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Texas wins head to head and Alabama wins SOS
They also don’t view conference championships equally. Big 12 title ain’t the same as an SEC title.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
You have to rooting for a Georgia win here, An Alabama win probably shuts the SEC out of the playoffs.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
It’s always been about who has the worse loss. Right now it’s Texas.

At the end of the day, head to head doesn’t really matter that much.

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
The SEC office is really struggling with instructions to the officials. They will figure it out eventually & ensure that Georgia wins

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Why? SEC hasn't been as dominant this year. If Michigan, FSU, and Bama win you have to go with Michigan, Washington, FSU, and Texas.
They’re still the most dominant conference. That matters. And perhaps more importantly, the Big 12 sucks.

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
They’re still the most dominant conference. That matters. And perhaps more importantly, the Big 12 sucks.
They would have the same record and Texas beat Bama. End of story. I don't care when they played. All games matter. So, what you're saying is early games don't matter? Bullcrap. What if it were us in Texas' shoes. You'd be pissed as hell if Bama got in over us spouting conspiracies and all kinds of other bull.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
They would have the same record and Texas beat Bama. End of story. I don't care when they played. All games matter. So, what you're saying is early games don't matter? Bullcrap. What if it were us in Texas' shoes. You'd be pissed as hell if Bama got in over us spouting conspiracies and all kinds of other bull.
Nobody said “early games don’t matter”. But they aren’t the only thing that matters. Its an entire resume comparison, with head to head being just one component. And every other component is strongly in Alabama’s favor.

People are acting like 12-1 = 12-1 no matter what, and conference champion = conference champion no matter what. If that was true, head-to-head would sure mean a lot. But neither of those things are true in reality or to the committee.

Last edited:

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
Nobody said “early games don’t matter”. But they aren’t the only thing that matters. Its an entire resume comparison, with head to head being just one component. And every other component is strongly in Alabama’s favor.

People are acting like 12-1 = 12-1 no matter what, and conference champion = conference champion no matter what. Neither of those things are true in reality or to the committee.
Texas beat Georgia. You talk about Texas "squeaking" by some Big XII teams. Well, Bama really dominated A&M, Arkansas, and Auburn didn't they? You can tote that Bama/SEC water all you want. I don't give a care if there's a SEC team in the CFP or not. The SEC was way down this year. It was talked about on here all the time. I'm just telling you if I've got the same exact record as another team, I beat them head to head, and I get left out I'm going ape arse nuts. I don't care if I only won every other game by a point, and the team I beat won every game by 50.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
It would be incredible to see 13-0 FSU get left out.

Honestly, it’s not crazy. I saw some bookmakers saying UGA would be a 15 point favorite over them and Michigan would be like 13.

You can absolutely make the case they’re not one of the “Best Four teams in college football”.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Also, the ACC has really sucked this year. Worst P5 conference easily.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
I think FSU and Texas are in if FSU beats Louisville. Washington and Michigan are in. Georgia is in if it wins.

Reactions: msudawg1200

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Texas beat Georgia. You talk about Texas "squeaking" by some Big XII teams. Well, Bama really dominated A&M, Arkansas, and Auburn didn't they? You can tote that Bama/SEC water all you want. I don't give a care if there's a SEC team in the CFP or not. The SEC was way down this year. It was talked about on here all the time. I'm just telling you if I've got the same exact record as another team, I beat them head to head, and I get left out I'm going ape arse nuts. I don't care if I only won every other game by a point, and the team I beat won every game by 50.
The bottom line….

You’re saying a Bama loss in Week 2 knocked them out of the CFP, and nothing they ever could have done afterwards could get them in. Because afterwards, they have been perfect.

And, at the same time, you’re saying Texas’ loss to Oklahoma did NOT knock them out of the CFP. And the reason you’re treating that differently is because Oklahoma was never a CFP contender that could take their spot.

So, you’re talking about rewarding Texas because their loss was actually worse than Bama’s was. Think about that for a second. Texas having the worst loss of any CFP contender matters quite a bit.

msudawg1200

Sep 19, 2012
The bottom line….

You’re saying a Bama loss in Week 2 knocked them out of the CFP, and nothing they ever could have done afterwards could get them in. Because afterwards, they have been perfect.

And, at the same time, you’re saying Texas’ loss to Oklahoma did NOT knock them out of the CFP. And the reason you’re treating that differently is because Oklahoma was never a CFP contender that could take their spot.

So, you’re talking about rewarding Texas because their loss was actually worse than Bama’s was. Think about that for a second. Texas having the worst loss of any CFP contender matters quite a bit.
If it means Bama getting in over Texas? Hell yes.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
The SEC office is really struggling with instructions to the officials. They will figure it out eventually & ensure that Georgia wins
If Bama wins due to the 4th down reception at the end of the first half that wasn't a reception NOT getting reviewed and the SEC gets left out would the SEC finally get serious about improving SEC officiating??

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
If Bama wins due to the 4th down reception at the end of the first half that wasn't a reception NOT getting reviewed and the SEC gets left out would the SEC finally get serious about improving SEC officiating??
It was absolutely a reception.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Ball obviously moved while pinned against the ground. Absolutely not a reception all day any day if it had been reviewed.
His arm / hand was under the ball. The ball can touch the ground and still be a catch if it is secured. It wasn’t even close. And it certainly would have stood even if they reviewed it.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login