Will the SEC get left out?

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I can't wait til the Teasips turn their noses up at you/us to see how hard yall pull for them then.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
His arm / hand was under the ball. The ball can touch the ground and still be a catch if it is secured. It wasn’t even close. And it certainly would have stood even if they reviewed it.
Give it up with the 'wasn't even close' garbage when the whole broadcast crew all agreed the catch was extremely questionable and could have easily been overturned. The big issue though is that our wonderful SEC officiating didn't even review it when it was a 4th down change of possession type play.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Texas is in. Washington is in. Michigan is in. Georgia is in if they win. If Geoergia loses you have Alabama or Florida State.

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
To me, what’s so wild is that Florida State’s fate may be tied not just to their game, but to the SEC Title Game. To take Bama, the committee HAS to take Texas too. Which leaves out Florida State. I think an undefeated FSU is safely in if Georgia wins. It’s just too easy and uncontroversial to take the 4 undefeateds. But I think FSU is the one left out if Bama wins.

Reactions: 57stratdawg

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
If Bama wins and FSU wins the SEC is out. They will take an undefeated FSU, and one of their stated criteria is head to head results. Texas is ahead of Bama, hands down.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
If Florida State is an undefeated conference champ, I don’t see what possible criteria you use to keep them out of the playoffs.

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
If Florida State is an undefeated conference champ, I don’t see what possible criteria you use to keep them out of the playoffs.
Who is their best win against? They haven’t beaten anyone all that noteworthy other than an SEC team probably bound for the Outback Bowl. Everyone knows Bama is a better team who would beat Florida State by at least 2 touchdowns.

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
If Bama wins and FSU wins the SEC is out. They will take an undefeated FSU, and one of their stated criteria is head to head results. Texas is ahead of Bama, hands down.
FSU will be out. Bama jumps FSU. And Texas jumps FSU based on a win vs Bama that suddenly looks a whole lot better.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Because they’re not one of the top 4 teams in the country. You could make a real case they’re not in the top 10.

I get it - that’s not fair. But, this is an entertainment product. Them getting blown off the field wouldn’t be very entertaining. There’s a reason why everyone agrees they’re out with a loss. Tonight’s game against Louisville is basically a pick em.

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
They are already 4th. I just can’t see them winning the acc championship game and dropping
Committee is going to say Bama passed them by beating #1. Texas passes them because their resume got a big boost because of beating the SEC Champ on the road.

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Bama
5. FSU (assuming they win the ACC)
6. Georgia

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
The SEC Champ is in. Case closed. Figure out the rest later, but the committee will not leave the SEC champion out.
100%. But you can’t put Bama in but leave Texas out, who beat them by 10 in Tuscaloosa. So it’s actually quite simple. Sorry, Florida State.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Committee praying FSU loses.

Rankings would be:

Michigan
Washington
Alabama
Texas

Those are the 4 best resumes if FSU loses. If they win, I think Texas is out.

CEO2044

May 11, 2009
Because they’re not one of the top 4 teams in the country. You could make a real case they’re not in the top 10.

I get it - that’s not fair. But, this is an entertainment product. Them getting blown off the field wouldn’t be very entertaining. There’s a reason why everyone agrees they’re out with a loss. Tonight’s game against Louisville is basically a pick em.
Here’s what I don’t get- FSU is 10x more entertaining to watch than Michigan. They have playmakers all over. Even the backup QB looked better than Michigan’s by 2nd half of the last game.

I never hear anyone make the argument Michigan could be left out. FWIW, OSU also didn’t impress me.

Reactions: 57stratdawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login