2024 Paris Olympics thread

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
They're actually pretty easy to run, provided you're a competent kayaker or C1er. The local whitewater club used to have an agreement with the NPS back in the 80s (I have no clue if the agreement still exists) that they would only run them early in the morning, or at dusk, so as not to be visible to the general public when doing so. The ambulances are for the idiots that have no skills, and usually are tubers, or folks that have never kayaked before, and don't realize how dangerous the falls can be.
Tgar never had an ambulance ride but he did have a three hour van ride from the Lehigh to the Reading Hospital ER for a severe shoulder dislocation. ( tapped the bottom with my paddle going over a ledge ) Given they have pain killers in the ambulance and scissors to cut off a wet suit he may have preferred that ride. That was a long Sunday afternoon.

No, Tgar was not as competent in the boat as Tom McAndrew!

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
Disappointed that Serbian high jumper Angelina Topic broke her ankle the other day as I wanted to see how she would compete. She must be crushed. Stunning talent and beauty for a 6'1 19 year old.

manatree

Oct 6, 2021
Disappointed that Serbian high jumper Angelina Topic broke her ankle the other day as I wanted to see how she would compete. She must be crushed. Stunning talent and beauty for a 6'1 19 year old.

With a name like that, she should be an ice skater.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Rowdy Gaines -- been entertaining as the color analyst for Olympic swimming for years.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
lol, this played out very well Crittenden. If you scroll back, you can see video of him pulling back in his heat, with the plan to get into the semis via the repechage

Last edited:

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
The top USA lady was Bryce Wettstein, who finished 6th. The top 3 were 1) Australia, 2) Japan, 3) Great Britain.

BobPSU92

Oct 12, 2021
1-0, U.S., at halftime in the extra time.

It should be 2-0. Missed a chip shot late in the first half of extra time.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
wow, men's 1500m final, Cole Hocker of the USA with the upset win, and sets an Olympic record in the race. All the promos were about the battle between the returning Olympic gold medalist, Jakob Ingebrigtsen, from Norway, and Josh Kerr from Great Britain. Hocker takes 1st, Josh Kerr (GB) took 2nd, and Yared Nuguse from the USA took 3rd.

Last edited:

PSU Mike

Oct 6, 2021
wow, men's 1500m final, Cole Hocker of the USA with the upset win, and sets an Olympic record in the race. All the promos were about the battle between the returning Olympic gold medalist, Jakob Ingebrigtsen, from Norway, and Josh Kerr from Great Britain. Hocker takes 1st, Josh Kerr (GB) took 2nd, and Yared Nuguse from the USA took 3rd.

Yared Nuguse

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
GOAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!

Sophia Smith scores in extra time to put the USA up 1-0 over Germany in women's soccer.

No ticky tacky try to outsmart everyone just flick it like an Argentine who has done it before.……professionals, please take note.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
You're welcome. At that time in the game with both sides gassed because they rarely subbed all tournament, it was so huge.

Naeher has an amazing history in PK shootouts. That said, nobody is ever confident about the outcome when they are heading into a shootout. And as you mentioned, both sides were really exhausted, so it's hard to know how the shooters, or how the GKs would have performed.

The USA's D let down Naeher on the play where she made the save. Two German attackers were free, and the entire focus on the defenders in a situation like that is to try to prevent any shots.

Naeher was basically beaten on the header redirection, but somehow, while in the air, was able to block the shot with her foot.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Just a note that while I try to cover all of the Olympics in this thread, wrestling coverage I primarily cover in a thread about the Olympics on the Wrestling Room board.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
wow, I didn't watch the match, but these two Americans seemed to have a great shot at at least medaling, and possibly winning, the beach volleyball.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: BobPSU92

throw2oj

Oct 12, 2021

Should have let Aisha do the promos...

Latest posts