2025 Recruiting Class Thread

DaytonRickster

Oct 25, 2021
“Before Oregon, I was kind of set on Penn State,” Finney told On3. “During the visit, through meetings with Coach Tosh (Lupoi) and Coach (Chris) Hampton and Coach (Cody) Wadood, seeing how they would use me, how they don’t have too many people at corner and then with Coach (Kyle) Bolton, meeting him kinda influenced the decision.”

Sounds like his decision was influenced by what he feels is an easier path to playing time at Oregon.
Sounds like he made an informed decision. Can' fault him.

DaytonRickster

Oct 25, 2021
Like I said in another thread, if you're a WR and you're confident that you want to go to Penn State, you better make your intentions known to this staff ASAP because I think the WR dominoes are about to start falling with the Huhn commitment. If you're a WR in the 2025 class, Penn State has to be pretty appealing in regards to the quality of QB you'll be playing with and the availability of early PT.

If you snooze, you lose.....ahem Lex Cyrus.
Wasn't that also said when Allar verballed. Still waiting on the "eite" receivers his verbal/signing/potential were supposed to attract.

Reactions: Midnighter

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021

things look pretty good here, though nothing is certain in recruiting.

I have an event to attend this evening, and will be away from the board. So, I won't be in a position to watch for CJF's Bat Signal, and post about it.

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021
Ryan, I like the Exinor commitment. 2 questions, do you anticipate him getting a little leaner once he's in the program? I think 200-205 at his height would do a lot to help him be even more explosive. Second, do we have an anticipated time frame for Cyrus's commitment? We need a pure burner like Cyrus in this class.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021
I was looking at some recruiting info for some of PSU’s remaining targets and found this quote from FL DL target Jarquez Carter interesting when asked about his visit.

“Something that stands out to me about Penn State is the way that they practice. I’ve never seen anyone practice as hard as they do,” said Carter. “They practice so physical. They started with O-line vs. D-line one-on-one. They get after it like no other team does.”

Take what you want from it, but I found it to be a positive. We could use some more DL players in this cycle and it seems like Carter has a lot of interest in PSU. He went on to say that he enjoyed sitting down with Allen and Barnes and breaking down film.

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
Hard to read this one. He took an OV to PSU, but doesn't talk with recruiting analysts, so nobody has a good feel for where he's headed.

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
Another tough one to read. PSU looked to have the lead, but UGA seems to be gaining steam.

looks like he's giving the bidders a chance to see what they can find between the sofa cushions.