Mullen article - Grab your coffee and/or go to the toilet

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I’d just rather have a coach that bigger schools are interested in, than a coach that nobody wants. That’s my point.

To your second point, in 2019 a competitor reached out that they needed someone with my experience and they were interested in me. It would have been a significant bump even if I was at the bottom of the salary range. I didn’t even apply and leverage because I was loyal to my Credit Union. In 2020 my CU dissolved my department, with no equivalent job within the company I was let go. Loyalty doesn’t feed your family. If Mullen worked as hard as he could in 2018 and 2019 and went 3-9 both years, we wouldn’t have been loyal to him. Mullen didn’t even coach for us in 2018, but he won 4 games for us with the defense he left behind, despite Slomo’s offense.

And I think what you said just wrapped up my side…. You had people that really wanted you, and you passed. Mullen never had a position he wanted that really wanted him…. He just gambled on the fact he’d either find something he wanted or fleece us out of more money.

No doubt, take care of your family first. But, forgive me if you’re making millions from one of the poorest states, all while trying to make more, and I don’t respect it.

This argument is batsh1rt crazy…. Imma get back to my evening.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login