OT: TMB Movie Club - Use this thread for feature films in theaters or streaming....

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Saw Deadpool and Wolverine today - if you love those characters and Marvel movies, you will love this. Tons of fun and an absolute fistful of nostalgia. Hugh Jackman is so good in this; like ‘Logan’ if he didn’t get old. Tremendous work 20+ years playing the same character.

Bored Pew Pew GIF by Regal

Reactions: rudedude and bbrown

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Big news out of the Marvel Cinematic Universe from San Diego Comic Con this weekend - Marvel has officially axed Jonathan Majors as Kang and pivoted to a new big bad (for a couple movies anyway) - Dr. Doom. First, I don't know that I've seen anyone f*ck themselves so hard as Majors did with Kang - he had a f*cking franchise and ruined it. Shame, because he's a very talented actor. Anyway, the Dr. Doom reveal is below (this is, in fact, a NERDGASM of the highest order):

Now, the comic book nerd is me is desperate to know - will this be some alternate universe Tony Stark as Doom? Or is this Victor Von Doom with RDJ (Marvel has had actors play two roles before - notably Josh Brolin as Thanos and Cable)? I'm hoping for the latter, and man, as much as I love RDJ, there were lots of other options here - namely:

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

The other films on display I'm excited for (and leading to what will be an absolutely bonkers Secret Wars film which, if you don't know the story, is where a cosmic being called The Beyonder basically groups heroes/villains together on an unknown planet and has them go at it Hunger Games style...) were:

Thunderbolts

Fantastic 4

I'll add - with Deadpool and Wolverine officially joining the MCU with their most recent movie, I have to wonder when they will formally start interacting with everyone else. To date, the MCU has not had any mutants.

Reactions: bbrown

ApexLion

Nov 1, 2021
Big news out of the Marvel Cinematic Universe from San Diego Comic Con this weekend - Marvel has officially axed Jonathan Majors as Kang and pivoted to a new big bad (for a couple movies anyway) - Dr. Doom. First, I don't know that I've seen anyone f*ck themselves so hard as Majors did with Kang - he had a f*cking franchise and ruined it. Shame, because he's a very talented actor. Anyway, the Dr. Doom reveal is below (this is, in fact, a NERDGASM of the highest order):

Now, the comic book nerd is me is desperate to know - will this be some alternate universe Tony Stark as Doom? Or is this Victor Von Doom with RDJ (Marvel has had actors play two roles before - notably Josh Brolin as Thanos and Cable)? I'm hoping for the latter, and man, as much as I love RDJ, there were lots of other options here - namely:

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

The other films on display I'm excited for (and leading to what will be an absolutely bonkers Secret Wars film which, if you don't know the story, is where a cosmic being called The Beyonder basically groups heroes/villains together on an unknown planet and has them go at it Hunger Games style...) were:

Thunderbolts

Fantastic 4

I'll add - with Deadpool and Wolverine officially joining the MCU with their most recent movie, I have to wonder when they will formally start interacting with everyone else. To date, the MCU has not had any mutants.

head spinning re: Dr. Doom

Reactions: Midnighter

ApexLion

Nov 1, 2021
I've been watching trailers here and there and I have to say there is a boatload of scary, gross movies being made. Truly unwatchable stuff. I guess if you like that stuff, have at it.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
I've been watching trailers here and there and I have to say there is a boatload of scary, gross movies being made. Truly unwatchable stuff. I guess if you like that stuff, have at it.

Agree - last one I watched on purpose was 'Midsommer'; definitely not into horror/slasher flicks (something like 'Seven' though is okay). The interesting part is most film critics say the horror genre is where a lot of the best, most original stuff is being made these days. Still, hard pass for me.

rudedude

Oct 6, 2021
Agree - last one I watched on purpose was 'Midsommer'; definitely not into horror/slasher flicks (something like 'Seven' though is okay). The interesting part is most film critics say the horror genre is where a lot of the best, most original stuff is being made these days. Still, hard pass for me.
Two that flew below the radar are from an Irish director, Damian McCarthy, Caveat and Oddity. More mood and suspense than out and out gore and horror. Tense watches.

ApexLion

Nov 1, 2021
Oscar Buzz 3
Moore and Swinton, I'm not a fan of either in particular but I know they are masters at what they do, often experimentally.

ApexLion

Nov 1, 2021
Another buzzing movie, September 5 -- about Munich Olympics 1972 tragedy.

Peter Sarsgaard and John Magaro as members of an ABC Sports crew covering the terrorist attack on the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich.

No trailer out yet except in German oddly enough.

ApexLion

Nov 1, 2021
Last one for now.

I love any movie described as "making Pretty Woman look like Disney." @Midnighter

Winner of the Palme d'Or

Anora from an up and coming director who is making noise for sure.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
Be Careful. I got a PC infection warning from one of the above responses
Which one?
me and my sons always watch tgd scary movies, in the basement, late night pitch black SO FUN
1 is in Philly with 2 this week and we’re trying to see this together

Latest posts