Small businesses

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
If 22% of the people below age 65 need accommodating, we are at a sad place physically and mentally in this country and it’s self induced.
Damn. I never thought that I’d see the day when you went in favor of universal health care. **

I kid of course.

In many cases, accomodations are simple and relatively painless.

That said, there are cases when accomodations can’t be made and folks retire.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
none of that blather even remotely applies to what was said. you're just trying to play message board superhero. and failing miserably. i never offered any virtue signaling information. that's not my style. my benevolence is done in private. i don't need pats on the back. i'll give you some advice that you didn't ask for. just like you did me. don't be a dick your whole life. it's too short

😂😂😂

You’re telling a guy with Aspergers to not be blunt?

We’re blunt. That’s how we are.

You might as well root for Ole Miss and chant Hoddy Toddy all the time.

😂😂😂

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Damn. I never thought that I’d see the day when you went in favor of universal health care. **

I kid of course.

In many cases, accomodations are simple and relatively painless.

That said, there are cases when accomodations can’t be made and folks retire.
Yes and those cases generally are when people are in fact disabled.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Yes and those cases generally are when people are in fact disabled.
Yep.

I have an accomodation for my Aspergers.

My coworkers know that they have to speak directly to me.

They used to be nice to the point of being indirect. And I don’t often catch indirect/inferred statements.

Edit to add: A part of me thinks if I were in the business world, my Aspergers would likely still be undiagnosed and I’d just be seen as a direct guy.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017

Coming in off the top rope on you mofos.

1. Pain laid out some nice looking proforma financials on Mickey D's and had me interested in buying a McDonald's franchise in the first half of his original post. Then completely flipped the momentum by convincing us the key to a successful career is starting out as a fry cook.**

2. Minimum wage is a a hot button worldwide. As we have learned since April of 2020, if you raise a significant portion of a populations income unilaterally without increasing output accordingly, you are really opening the inflation can of worms. That said, without protections, some people will get taken advantage of by the free market.

There have been lots of studies worldwide, but the closest thing to a consensus according to the IMF is to have a minimum wage between 35-50% of average hourly wages to keep it from driving inflationary pressures up. So in the US that would likely involve having states set their own minimum wage since costs of living varies so much. Based on 2021 data that would mean a minimum wage of $8.15-$11.45/hour in Mississippi and a minimum wage of between $12.95 and $18.50/hour in Massachusetts.

Screenshot_20221226-155321.png

All data and research aside, I think most reasonable people would agree that those two ranges would work fine for their respective states. Yet if you tried to set a federal minimum wage, somebody is going get 17ed.

3. Disability. When talking about disability and the workforce we are really talking about persons aged 16-64 that are non-institutionalized. As of 2021, there are 205 million non-institutionalized Americans between the ages of 16-64. 15.5 million of those people are classified as disabled and only 10 million of the disabled are unemployed. That's 5% of the working age population or 1 out of 20 people that do not work because of disability. That's not really unreasonable when you think about physical, mental, visual, and other disabilities.

Like everything else the number of and workforce participation of the disabled varies state to state.

11-28-12bud1.jpg
Screenshot_20221226-152751.png
4. It's almost like we should have most policy decisions left to the states and very few made by the Federal Government. Old TJ was on to something methinks.

Official_Presidential_portrait_of_Thomas_Jefferson_(by_Rembrandt_Peale,_1800)(cropped).jpg

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
The answer is audits involving transactions over $600 that THEY deem suspicious. Of the 87,000 new "agents" that we are supposedly going to hire we'll be lucky is 10% of them have any common sense at all. If that's the case there will be thousands of unnecessary, time wasting and possibly expensive audits. If you've done nothing wrong you'll probably pay no penalty but you'll be out the time and headache of dealing with a frivolous audit. Just my take and I may be dead wrong.
The generally accepted view is that every one extra dollar spent on IRS enforcement these days is worth $10 in extra income (ie, exposed fraudulent tax returns).

I've got a very weird tax return this year, I stand a much better chance than normal to he audited. But I don't mind, cause my taxes are accurate and I'm grateful for the generous deductions/credits I'll be getting, and it's part of the process to keep taxpayers honest, which arguably lowers the taxes of the honest taxpayers like myself.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
The generally accepted view is that every one extra dollar spent on IRS enforcement these days is worth $10 in extra income (ie, exposed fraudulent tax returns).

I've got a very weird tax return this year, I stand a much better chance than normal to he audited. But I don't mind, cause my taxes are accurate and I'm grateful for the generous deductions/credits I'll be getting, and it's part of the process to keep taxpayers honest, which arguably lowers the taxes of the honest taxpayers like myself.
Your Trust in our Government in Today's Times is Astonishing.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Your Trust in our Government in Today's Times is Astonishing.
It's all about degree. Govt sucks, but it's better than all the alternatives. And the only astonishing thing is to believe there's a massive govt conspiracy of tens of thousands of people ALL keeping it quiet in this age when peeps can't even resist sharing their dinner on BookFace or whatever.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
It's all about degree. Govt sucks, but it's better than all the alternatives. And the only astonishing thing is to believe there's a massive govt conspiracy of tens of thousands of people ALL keeping it quiet in this age when peeps can't even resist sharing their dinner on BookFace or whatever.
You mean like the IRS targeting conservative groups? Not a conspiracy. The government has been weaponized politically. You do realize that, yes?

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
You mean like the IRS targeting conservative groups? Not a conspiracy. The government has been weaponized politically. You do realize that, yes?
Dude, that's not remotely true. The only groups targeted were those breaking the law. Please.dont bring that Tucker Carlson crap, no one cares.

• Angry
Reactions: PhredPhantom

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Seen any details on Omnibus? Billions protecting foreign borders but leaves ours still in disaster mode and hundreds of millions going to LGBQ Centers and nobody voting reads the damn thing; always last minute schit. They do so in the open with impunity and media spin / protection.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
You've never heard of Elon Musk, Laptop from Hell, Covid Info Coverups, and direct orders from Team Biden to Twitter?

I don't think that I would lean on townhall for objective coverage, just like I wouldn't lean on Vox.

Here is an article on the same issue from a site that it pretty much dead center:

https://www.axios.com/2022/12/09/twitter-files-musk-secret-blacklists

Compare that to a far left article that is comparable on the left media side to what townhall is on the right:

https://www.theatlantic.com/technol...sk-twitter-files-documents-bari-weiss/672421/

I've seen Elon tweets that indicate that he is either a) unaware of what the 1st amendment protects OR b) intentionally stoking far right rhetoric.

I will say this about conspiracies. If I ever find out that Democrats or Republicans have pulled off a nationwide conspiracy to do anything of note, I might consider joining their party. If they can pull that off, they can certainly run the government. A conspiracy would take a LOT more planning, execution and leadership than federal government work!

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I don't think that I would lean on townhall for objective coverage, just like I wouldn't lean on Vox.

Here is an article on the same issue from a site that it pretty much dead center:

Compare that to a far left article that is comparable on the left media side to what townhall is on the right:

https://www.theatlantic.com/technol...sk-twitter-files-documents-bari-weiss/672421/

I've seen Elon tweets that indicate that he is either a) unaware of what the 1st amendment protects OR b) intentionally stoking far right rhetoric.

I will say this about conspiracies. If I ever find out that Democrats or Republicans have pulled off a nationwide conspiracy to do anything of note, I might consider joining their party. If they can pull that off, they can certainly run the government. A conspiracy would take a LOT more planning, execution and leadership than federal government work!
I think what your failing to realize is that Big Tech is owned exclusively by liberals but Elon, who voted for Obama has shaken things up for the better in the name of freedom of speech. Covid News from doctors who were not 100% in line with Fauci WERE silenced intentionally along with Hunter's Laptop that was sold as "Russian Disinformation" therefore banning anything other than that was silenced even though they knew it was NOT Russian Disinformation to protect Team Biden 2 weeks before the election. You CAN get away with this stuff which we all know they did when those in charge are all on the same political side. In other words, they and they alone were allowed to define "misinformation" with no opposing viewpoints allowed. Even your article says this:

The big picture: Twitter was early to adopt policies that allowed content that wasn't banned outright to be limited in visibility.

• Others in the industry have also moved in that direction, particularly Google-owned YouTube, which has made limiting distribution and recommendation of borderline content a key part of its efforts to limit the spread of conspiracy theories and misinformation.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I think what your failing to realize is that Big Tech is owned exclusively by liberals but Elon, who voted for Obama has shaken things up for the better in the name of freedom of speech. Covid News from doctors who were not 100% in line with Fauci WERE silenced intentionally along with Hunter's Laptop that was sold as "Russian Disinformation" therefore banning anything other than that was silenced even though they knew it was NOT Russian Disinformation to protect Team Biden 2 weeks before the election. You CAN get away with this stuff which we all know they did when those in charge are all on the same political side. In other words, they and they alone were allowed to define "misinformation" with no opposing viewpoints allowed. Even your article says this:

The big picture: Twitter was early to adopt policies that allowed content that wasn't banned outright to be limited in visibility.

• Others in the industry have also moved in that direction, particularly Google-owned YouTube, which has made limiting distribution and recommendation of borderline content a key part of its efforts to limit the spread of conspiracy theories and misinformation.
No, my point was that if you ever find that you are typing fringe conspiracy theories and disinformation like you are typing above, you should expand what you intake as news to see how the more objective news sites cover it and maybe even how the other side covers it. I mean you almost hit the far right cycle with Fauci/Hunter's laptop. If you had signed off with stop the steal, you would get a point.

The only thing I did was link two other reports on the same topic:

Far Right Headline: "Did the Twitter Files Just Reveal an Impeachable Offense for Biden?" escalates to impeachment

Center Headline: "Musk's second "Twitter Files" claims "secret blacklists" questions the claims, almost like real journalists

Far Left Headline: "Elon Musk’s Twitter Files Are Bait" completely dismissive

You CAN see the difference, right? And you CAN see where the truth might not lie on either of the extremes, right?

This is a simple concept if you don't live in an echo chamber.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
It's easy for the left to ignore the alliance between social media giants and the government to suppress information when so many on the right push bizarre conspiracy theories, support lunatics as candidates and fall for obvious grifters (Dear Fellow Patriot: buy my super patriotic caps that all patriots love, you freedom-loving, patriotic patriot. Freedom). The reasonable critics of Covid and woke policies are overshadowed by right-wing loons on social media. Herschel Walker was absolutely senate material, right? I mean those deep thinkers and conservative intellectuals, the Hodge twins, Diamond and Silk and various MAGA peeps, said so****.

Last edited:
Reactions: FrontRangeDawg

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
It's easy for the left to ignore the alliance between social media giants and the government to suppress information when so many on the right push bizarre conspiracy theories, support lunatics as candidates and fall for obvious grifters (Dear Fellow Patriot: buy my super patriotic caps that all patriots love, you freedom-loving, patriotic patriot. Freedom). The reasonable critics of Covid and woke policies are overshadowed by right-wing loons on social media. Herschel Walker was absolutely senate material, right? I mean those deep thinkers and conservative intellectuals, the Hodge twins, Diamond and Silk and various MAGA peeps, said so.
I'm into superhero NFTs but whatever***

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

Coming in off the top rope on you mofos.

1. Pain laid out some nice looking proforma financials on Mickey D's and had me interested in buying a McDonald's franchise in the first half of his original post. Then completely flipped the momentum by convincing us the key to a successful career is starting out as a fry cook.**

2. Minimum wage is a a hot button worldwide. As we have learned since April of 2020, if you raise a significant portion of a populations income unilaterally without increasing output accordingly, you are really opening the inflation can of worms. That said, without protections, some people will get taken advantage of by the free market.

There have been lots of studies worldwide, but the closest thing to a consensus according to the IMF is to have a minimum wage between 35-50% of average hourly wages to keep it from driving inflationary pressures up. So in the US that would likely involve having states set their own minimum wage since costs of living varies so much. Based on 2021 data that would mean a minimum wage of $8.15-$11.45/hour in Mississippi and a minimum wage of between $12.95 and $18.50/hour in Massachusetts.

View attachment 288396

All data and research aside, I think most reasonable people would agree that those two ranges would work fine for their respective states. Yet if you tried to set a federal minimum wage, somebody is going get 17ed.

3. Disability. When talking about disability and the workforce we are really talking about persons aged 16-64 that are non-institutionalized. As of 2021, there are 205 million non-institutionalized Americans between the ages of 16-64. 15.5 million of those people are classified as disabled and only 10 million of the disabled are unemployed. That's 5% of the working age population or 1 out of 20 people that do not work because of disability. That's not really unreasonable when you think about physical, mental, visual, and other disabilities.

Like everything else the number of and workforce participation of the disabled varies state to state.

View attachment 288393
View attachment 288394
4. It's almost like we should have most policy decisions left to the states and very few made by the Federal Government. Old TJ was on to something methinks.

View attachment 288398
It’s odd the two people who liked this.

but I agree, each state should be left to run itself.

I’d much rather pay more taxes in Mississippi and less to the federal government.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006

but I agree, each state should be left to run itself.

I’d much rather pay more taxes in Mississippi and less to the federal government.
Shouldn’t be odd at all.

JLS’s post is data-driven which is what I like to read.

I prefer wonky technocrat presidencies.

They may bore most Americans but they don’t usually go too far off kilter and that’s all I really want from a president.

Edited to add: Sigh. I dislike the mobile access especially when it comes to the automatic saving of posts you want to respond and decide to change your mind and not respond.

Any chance of an upgrade in the not too distant future?

Last edited:

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I heard a political pundit recently say that the government estimates that $100k spent on an IRS agent's salary would result in $1mil in revenue (once the agent was trained and running). The problem is an agent rarely brings in even close to that amount.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Haha. Ok, dude. I provide you an NPR link and you scream “Tucker Carlson!”

And if the groups were breaking the law, why were they apologized to? You truly are delusIonal.
You're characterization of the NPR link is pure Tucker. Take it somewhere else, loon.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

I was dumb/naive enough to hold this view until at least the Lerner scandal. Even after that, I was probably dumb enough to think it could be fixed. Now we're in a ****** position because tax collection and auditing is necessary but we don't have an institution that is trustworthy enough to be given the power to do it.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012

If Axios is intending to be dead center they're incompetent. Libs of TikTok didn't attack anybody providing "gender'affirming care" for transgendered youth. They just pointed out what they were doing to children, primarily by using their own promotional materials.

Also, while the 1st amendment doesn't bind private companies, it gets to be pretty questionable when the federal government points private companies to people/statements it wants to censor. Yes, maybe Twitter was happy to do it, but it's still problematic that the government is identifying people to censor based on political considerations. And because the federal government is so powerful and has so much discretion and can ruin all but the most deep pocketed companies just by taking a "the process is the punishment approach", it's almost impossible for them to make a voluntary request that isn't tantamount to an order.

Companies put up with all sorts of ******** because they know if they don't, unless they have some pretty stout political protection, they are at risk of getting visits from OSHA, EEOC, IRS, etc. just "randomly". Too many stories about companies getting all these supposedly random inspection/audits shortly after getting on the wrong side of somebody politically.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
I agree. But too many people don’t realize that McDonalds is only a career for 1 out of 35 McDonald’s employees.

So what are the other 34 people doing to better themselves?

showing up to work on time?
Showing up daily?
Learning daily?
Treating the customers excellent daily?
Following instructions daily?
Nope, unfortunately their future growth isn't tied to their ****** job they currently have.
Do those things help someone be a better employee? Yes.
Can those people apply for a real job and get a real job regardless of how well they did at McDonalds? Absolutely yes.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
I was dumb/naive enough to hold this view until at least the Lerner scandal. Even after that, I was probably dumb enough to think it could be fixed. Now we're in a ****** position because tax collection and auditing is necessary but we don't have an institution that is trustworthy enough to be given the power to do it.
The IRS is held to high standards. So high, tax attorneys keep them to that high standard.
I am not sure what your point is.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
If Axios is intending to be dead center they're incompetent. Libs of TikTok didn't attack anybody providing "gender'affirming care" for transgendered youth. They just pointed out what they were doing to children, primarily by using their own promotional materials.

Also, while the 1st amendment doesn't bind private companies, it gets to be pretty questionable when the federal government points private companies to people/statements it wants to censor. Yes, maybe Twitter was happy to do it, but it's still problematic that the government is identifying people to censor based on political considerations. And because the federal government is so powerful and has so much discretion and can ruin all but the most deep pocketed companies just by taking a "the process is the punishment approach", it's almost impossible for them to make a voluntary request that isn't tantamount to an order.

Companies put up with all sorts of ******** because they know if they don't, unless they have some pretty stout political protection, they are at risk of getting visits from OSHA, EEOC, IRS, etc. just "randomly". Too many stories about companies getting all these supposedly random inspection/audits shortly after getting on the wrong side of somebody politically.
Yes, the federal government can swing a big stick, and I'm certain that there are bad apples in many branches who would put politics over doing their job objectively. The two party system in this country has not done us any favors and we haven't helped by buying into their divisive rhetoric. Do we hate DeSantis (state level admittedly) for trying to manipulate/cancel Disney over their speech, and threatening, maybe actually changing(I should pay better attention) tax status, etc. because he disagrees with them? Republicans have largely gone from conservative to authoritarian and I'm not OK with that.

I'm pretty much sick of it all. Contrary to popular belief I am fiscally conservative and voted straight R from 1990 until 2016 when I couldn't pull the lever for Tate (I think it was 2016 when he first ran, but regardless, Jim Hood is the first D ever voted for). Was still stuck in the political rhetoric and voted Trump in 2020 as a lesser of two evils, which I now consider one of my greatest civic and moral failings. Then 1/6/2021 happened and since then I couldn't be more thankful that we have a president who attempts to behave like an adult. Bottom line is I will continue to actively vote against anyone who isn't openly, publicly denouncing Trump and MAGA for what it is. If we eradicate that cancer, I can get back to worrying about my position on issues and policies. Christmas 2022 social media provided the clear contrast. If anyone still considers Trump over Biden as a human, president, or anything else after all that Trump has done, I don't know what to say to them.

1672180316398.png
1672180397908.png

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Yes, the federal government can swing a big stick, and I'm certain that there are bad apples in many branches who would put politics over doing their job objectively. The two party system in this country has not done us any favors and we haven't helped by buying into their divisive rhetoric. Do we hate DeSantis (state level admittedly) for trying to manipulate/cancel Disney over their speech, and threatening, maybe actually changing(I should pay better attention) tax status, etc. because he disagrees with them? Republicans have largely gone from conservative to authoritarian and I'm not OK with that.

I'm pretty much sick of it all. Contrary to popular belief I am fiscally conservative and voted straight R from 1990 until 2016 when I couldn't pull the lever for Tate (I think it was 2016 when he first ran, but regardless, Jim Hood is the first D ever voted for). Was still stuck in the political rhetoric and voted Trump in 2020 as a lesser of two evils, which I now consider one of my greatest civic and moral failings. Then 1/6/2021 happened and since then I couldn't be more thankful that we have a president who attempts to behave like an adult. Bottom line is I will continue to actively vote against anyone who isn't openly, publicly denouncing Trump and MAGA for what it is. If we eradicate that cancer, I can get back to worrying about my position on issues and policies. Christmas 2022 social media provided the clear contrast. If anyone still considers Trump over Biden as a human, president, or anything else after all that Trump has done, I don't know what to say to them.

View attachment 288706
View attachment 288708
If you think Biden even knows what Twitter is, you shouldn't operate heavy machinery. That man does not make his own post and it’s silly to think he does.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login