USMNT Thread

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021
I ******* hope he can get these country club, travel team, oh, look at my lateral pass ******** to pull their ******* heads out of their asses and quit eating from the bag of marshmallows and start eating from the bag that fueled Secretariat to greatness.

It’s time to toughen up and play international soccer. You have Pulisic, build around him and make sure everyone else knows their days are numbered if they can’t put in a full 90 moving forward. Enough of Michael Bradley being the role model for these guys.

Thank you and rant over. Pirates losing, Tgar drinking, women's volleyball on deck, enjoyed grilled swordfish for dinner with grilled asparagus and grilled focaccia, time to chill but these guys have the Tgar goat until qualifying ends and they have something to brag about.……

Reactions: A2nit

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
I’m sure many hate this start time…but it’s the first friendly I’ve been able to watch live over the last several. Good test tonight.

Reactions: Alphabets

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
Ugh, really a poor 45 minutes there. Aaronson was especially brutal. We’re giving the ball away at the slightest bit of pressure. And that’s when Mexico applies pressure, as we’re also giving it away before pressure arrives.

Reactions: Tgar

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021
We didn't have a single player out there tonight that could threaten Mexico offensively. Not 1. I guess that's what happens when you send the A Team home before playing your rival. What a joke!

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
We didn't have a single player out there tonight that could threaten Mexico offensively. Not 1. I guess that's what happens when you send the A Team home before playing your rival. What a joke!
It's also a coach that knows what a friendly is to most big clubs.....a joke. It also wins favor with your most senior players and reduces the risk of injury. That was an audition for others to step up in the starters absence, they did not. Friendlies during the club season are a waste of time and resources, but a necessary evil. That was a match for people who aren't on the roster for 26 to step up and make a name for themselves in front a new HC, they didn't.

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021
It's also a coach that knows what a friendly is to most big clubs.....a joke. It also wins favor with your most senior players and reduces the risk of injury. That was an audition for others to step up in the starters absence, they did not. Friendlies during the club season are a waste of time and resources, but a necessary evil. That was a match for people who aren't on the roster for 26 to step up and make a name for themselves in front a new HC, they didn't.

Problem is we've been dominant against our rival for awhile now. They knew we were better and had overtaken them. Now after lastnight they have hope again after that dominating performance.

I understand what you're saying but I don't think Mexico was the right match to play without your best players.

Reactions: LionJim

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
Problem is we've been dominant against our rival for awhile now. They knew we were better and had overtaken them. Now after lastnight they have hope again after that dominating performance.

I understand what you're saying but I don't think Mexico was the right match to play without your best players.
An out of cycle friendly that means nothing in the middle of the club season where some of your best players are already playing 2-3 times a week....zero issue with this at all. I remember the US fans crying when GB did the same thing and had his MLS guys out there for friendlies. If you needed a W last night to realize USA >>> Mexico that is fine, but I don't. That is a big time manager making friendly with big clubs for when he does actually need them. Someone who had to see his best players leave during a season and possibly get injured. Big picture....this means nothing at all.

Reactions: GreggK

Tgar

Oct 13, 2021

It was totally the best match available. It was early in the tenure of the new coach and gave him a benchmark for the depth or lack thereof with the National Team. He leaned or confirmed a lot last night about this ever evolving squad. He doesn’t have much to work with.

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
An out of cycle friendly that means nothing...
The issue I see is that we don't have a whole lot of really competitive fixtures over the next 18 months to help us in moving forward...no WCQ, so a Gold Cup, some Nations League games (some of them against minnows), and then "out of cycle" friendlies. And there isn't a bigger friendly than one against our rival (especially on their soil). Our players mostly showed the emotion of a game that "means nothing", and that's a problem.

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
The issue I see is that we don't have a whole lot of really competitive fixtures over the next 18 months to help us in moving forward...no WCQ, so a Gold Cup, some Nations League games (some of them against minnows), and then "out of cycle" friendlies. And there isn't a bigger friendly than one against our rival (especially on their soil). Our players mostly showed the emotion of a game that "means nothing", and that's a problem.
If this break was in the summer or not in the middle of the Euro Leagues, EUFA, EUROPA, and all other various league Cups all going on right now I could see being bothered by it, but that isn't the case.

The players in Europe are already complaining (not saying US players, but the pool of players in Europe) about too many matches and Poch understands this so maybe this was more for his players than people online or upset because the US lost a useless friendly with their B team? If people want to be bothered by it, by all means have at it. I chalk it up to a new HC doing right by the core of his future leaders on the team and their clubs. This is a longer term move IMO by Poch as there are times the clubs push back on players coming back. I was actually surprised that some of them were even called back for this window, but a new HC is there so there is that. This was more of a meet and greet for some of the players on that squad who will be there.

Last edited:

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
If this break was in the summer or not in the middle of the Euro Leagues, EUFA, EUROPA, and all other various league Cups all going on right now I could see being bothered by it, but that isn't the case.

The players in Europe are already complaining (not saying US players, but the pool of players in Europe) about too many matches and Poch understands this so maybe this was more for his players than people online or upset because the US lost a useless friendly with their B team? If people want to be bothered by it, by all means have at it. I chalk it up to a new HC doing right by the core of his future leaders on the team and their clubs. This is a longer term move IMO by Poch as there are times the clubs push back on players coming back. I was actually surprised that some of them were even called back for this window, but a new HC is there so there is that.
The International calendar sucks right now, and it's only getting worse. But if we're trying to avoid guys in the middle of Euro Leagues, Cups, etc, then the summer is the only time of year that we'd have our full team playing together, and that's clearly not enough. And even that will be in question next summer for the Gold Cup, as we don't know how strong of a roster we'll be able to field. It's water under the bridge at this point, but I hate that we were so uncompetitive in a game that could/should have been a good springboard for the future (especially when our opponent did take it pretty seriously).

Reactions: LaJollaCreek

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
The International calendar sucks right now, and it's only getting worse. But if we're trying to avoid guys in the middle of Euro Leagues, Cups, etc, then the summer is the only time of year that we'd have our full team playing together, and that's clearly not enough. And even that will be in question next summer for the Gold Cup, as we don't know how strong of a roster we'll be able to field. It's water under the bridge at this point, but I hate that we were so uncompetitive in a game that could/should have been a good springboard for the future (especially when our opponent did take it pretty seriously).
IMO that game will have zero impact on anything beyond that game. If Poch thought it would he wouldn't have told his stars to head back to their clubs. He understands the stress their bodies are already under.

Even in Europe where the Nations League is going on you saw players pass on this window with just nagging injuries. The Nations league BS needs to go away and friendly windows like this one during the season for the Eruo players just suck. 10 hour commercial flights for scrimmages against hacking teams. Like I said Poch did their club teams a solid as well as those players....good on him. He has his eyes on the future in more ways than one.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login