2024 Phillies Thread

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
That's correct. They couldn't turn it off and on like a light switch because that means all or nothing. They should have thought of it as being more like a rheostat. At least try to crank it up a little bit. 50% maybe. That's better than what they were doing.
Or in all likelihood, they’re getting older and more prone to being banged up over a long season. How else do you explain the cliff they fell off of in the second half?

Reactions: NittPicker

NittPicker

Oct 7, 2021

He looks for Marsh and Rojas to both be moved which wouldn't surprise me. With potential outfield spots to be filled, free agent signings aside, I'm on the Justin Crawford bandwagon. The past couple seasons he's seemed to have adapted well to pro ball. Depending on his spring training performance, I'd give him a month or so in AAA then bring him up. I know all the arguments about MLB pitching vs. MiLB pitching but if they were willing to give Rojas so much playing time, why not Crawford??

RyanSnyder

Staff member
Sep 20, 2021
He looks for Marsh and Rojas to both be moved which wouldn't surprise me. With potential outfield spots to be filled, free agent signings aside, I'm on the Justin Crawford bandwagon. The past couple seasons he's seemed to have adapted well to pro ball. Depending on his spring training performance, I'd give him a month or so in AAA then bring him up. I know all the arguments about MLB pitching vs. MiLB pitching but if they were willing to give Rojas so much playing time, why not Crawford??

I wouldn't be shocked if Turner gets moved to the outfield eventually. He's a liability everywhere at the moment, but overall, his defense is pretty poor at SS. I think they continue to aim high this year with free agents with the hope that Crawford and/or Aidan Miller can help them in 2026.

Painter is the one that I think they hope can step in this year. Who knows, time will tell. Just my two cents. Love Crawford and Miller though. I would love for the Phils to still be playing, and if they would've gotten an awesome OF bat for those two, OK, maybe I look at it differently now. But for the most part, I'm still happy they kept those two at the deadline.

Reactions: NittPicker

WestSideLion

Oct 6, 2021
I wouldn't be shocked if Turner gets moved to the outfield eventually. He's a liability everywhere at the moment, but overall, his defense is pretty poor at SS. I think they continue to aim high this year with free agents with the hope that Crawford and/or Aidan Miller can help them in 2026.

Painter is the one that I think they hope can step in this year. Who knows, time will tell. Just my two cents. Love Crawford and Miller though. I would love for the Phils to still be playing, and if they would've gotten an awesome OF bat for those two, OK, maybe I look at it differently now. But for the most part, I'm still happy they kept those two at the deadline.
Can Turner play 2B? I might try him there before OF. It sounds like Miller isn’t great defensively at SS either but unless they move Bohm (too early, IMO), there’s no IF position for Miller on the current roster.

If they move Casty, Rojas and Marsh, and let Hays walk, then I think they’ll have $ to bring in a different type of hitter (or two). They need a lot more contact in the lineup.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login