Bud Light boycott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I really don't know what's wrong with marketing your product to a pro-trans demographic. The only message they are sending is inclusivity.
This is not inclusivity, it's marketing to one certain (purposely controversial) group. I like the analogy of "Face tattoo syndrome": The only reason someone gets a face tattoo is to make a statement. It's on their face, impossible for the world to miss. Then, when someone notices and says "hey man, what's with the face tattoo?" the tattoo-ee goes and cries on TikTok how toxic or fill-in-the-blank-phobic it is for people to notice his personal life choice of getting his face inked.

Bud Light went and got the tattoo. They were apparently already selling very well to the LGBTQ+++ community before that, and nobody said **** about it. I certainly didn't care. But by choosing to tattoo themselves with Mulvaney's ugly mug, they went and made it a topic, as loudly and in the public eye as they could.

So, we get what we had here last week. Which is the way they want it... Well, they get it.

1683563188598.png

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
People are so easily manipulated they obsess over things that have no bearing whatsoever on their lives.
Media of choice rings the bell and the salivation begins.
We're victims of a 'WOKE' threat! or whatever else triggers you.
You wouldn't know about TranCan if we weren't glued to cable news every 17n second of the every gotdam day.

The media folks know it. Look at the FOX news emails and read what those talking heads really think about their viewers.

"Think about how stupid the average person is and take a moment to realize half of them are stupider than that." - G.C.

LOCK IT DOWN!

Reactions: mstateglfr

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Who is quickly triggered? The folks that attack and make death threats on JK Rowling and Dee Snider who are both supporters of LGTBQXYZ because they don't agree with every single thing in their agenda? The folks that immediately call any opposite view as racist, homophobic, etc? I know you love to ignore facts but the lady in charge of this small campaign used the current "equity" words to denigrate her existing customers.

Have people thrown fuel on the fire? Yes they have, but don't go accusing one side of doing things that the other side has been doing all along.
In this instance, the group that is quickly triggered is largely conservative.
You asked, and I answered.

The fact that in other instances, groups largely made of liberals are quickly triggered is of no consequence here. That has 0 to do with this topic right now.
Surely you can see that, right?

I think going after JK Rowling was pretty absurd too, for the record. I have no idea what Dee Snider did or didnt do, and I likely dont really care.

It doesnt matter what Dee Snider did or didnt do though because that has nothing to do with this specific topic(i assume, since again, i dont know what he said or did).
Stay on topic.

Reactions: dgsmith15

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Of course we're @$@% outraged. Good grief, the far left has been challenging the moral standards of this country (and just about everywhere else) for the past century pushing garbage like this. The far left push some outlandish, sick, and perverted lifestyle on us and then wonder why we act outraged when they do this? They're pushing straight evil onto our society; we're going to call a spade a spade.
You Don't Sound Crazy.png

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
You’re triggered that someone was triggered. This is beyond tiresome.
Am I? This is me responding to comments about an ad that was released on social media almost 1 month ago.

Is it a thing to be triggered over someone that is triggered? Thats new to me, if so. I cant keep up on all the terms and how they apply though. It seems many just use a term and make it mean what they want in the moment, even when it hasnt meant that up to then.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
I usually see them on the SEC Rant political board first…. But I try to never start threads about anything here.

I love most any style of beer, minus the sours. But when I’ve mowed the grass, etc., I don’t want a big tall glass of Russian imperial stout. I wanna Miller Lite…. If we are out somewhere, I’ll start with good ones and then gradually taper off back to ML.

The brewers that make these products are some of the best on the planet. Even though light beer isn’t fancy, the attention to detail and quality assurance are about as good as it can get (both Miller and InBev). There’s definitely a market for all of it.
Yeah, if forced to choose any light beer it always has been Miller Lite, but I rarely drink nowadays anyway. After mowing the lawn, it’s water for me , or red Gatorade if I’m feeling really wild.

Reactions: dorndawg and eckie1

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Of course we're @$@% outraged. Good grief, the far left has been challenging the moral standards of this country (and just about everywhere else) for the past century pushing garbage like this. The far left push some outlandish, sick, and perverted lifestyle on us and then wonder why we act outraged when they do this? They're pushing straight evil onto our society; we're going to call a spade a spade.
The past century? What was the "far left" pushing back then? ....equal rights for blacks and women. Pretty telling that you consider that evil.

Trans people should have equal rights. That's the "push". We all know who hates that and why.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
It is the topic moron. The topic is culture wars.

Dee Snider is the lead singer from Twisted Sister and recently came out as being against under age gender surgeries. He has performed at gay pride events in the past but was disinvited to the upcoming event and threatened and called homophobic by making that statement. Google him for more details.

None of these things are happening in in a vacuum as you are suggesting.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
This is not inclusivity, it's marketing to one certain (purposely controversial) group. I like the analogy of "Face tattoo syndrome": The only reason someone gets a face tattoo is to make a statement. It's on their face, impossible for the world to miss. Then, when someone notices and says "hey man, what's with the face tattoo?" the tattoo-ee goes and cries on TikTok how toxic or fill-in-the-blank-phobic it is for people to notice his personal life choice of getting his face inked.

Bud Light went and got the tattoo. They were apparently already selling very well to the LGBTQ+++ community before that, and nobody said **** about it. I certainly didn't care. But by choosing to tattoo themselves with Mulvaney's ugly mug, they went and made it a topic, as loudly and in the public eye as they could.

So, we get what we had here last week. Which is the way they want it... Well, they get it.

View attachment 337680
This makes no sense, because what they did would not have been noticed by anyone not viewing this person's Tik Tok. I don't even have a Tik Tok, do you? How the hell is this a face tattoo?

The only logical conclusion here is that the Tucker bigots don't think trans people should be advertised to at all, even quietly on their own media. They should be disappeared.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
When you live in rural MS (or even MS in general), it's hard to find a good local craft beer. So, you grab a Miller Lite. Hell, I had to drink Miller Highlife this weekend. It most certainly is not the Champaign of beers.

You sir, need to introduce yourself to the Montucky Cold Snacks... I dumped Miller Lite a few years ago. Under $25-27 for a 30 pack.

And I don't bother questioning if it's a beer for manly men like us either... It's straight testosterone.

C__d7naVoAAiLAE.jpg

Reactions: HuskyBDawg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Straight evil? I have yet to meet a trans person that would ever come close to that. Hetero people are hardly pure and good- incest, child abuse, divorce, murder, theft, affairs, etc etc- all are behaviors that are very much owned by heterosexual people.
Reality time- no one group is perfect and no one group is evil. That isnt how life works. We are individuals and should be viewed and treated as such.

Someone being born male and living female is of 0 consequence to you. None. Zip. Nada.
Someone being born female and living non-binary is of 0 consequence to you. None. Zip. Nada.

It just doesnt affect you. I know this because it also doesnt affect me.

KennedyDawg

Jun 26, 2018
If you’re a Heineken fan, their new light beer line is fire. Even if you don’t like it may least appreciate it. Bitterness way drawn back and smooth. Oh, and dude looks like a lady according to Aerosmith lol.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
1683564834388.jpeg
Here is a beer that can unite us all. It’s a stout, but it also has glitter in it. Everybody wins!!!!!

It’s pretty damn good too

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
It is the topic moron. The topic is culture wars.

Dee Snider is the lead singer from Twisted Sister and recently came out as being against under age gender surgeries. He has performed at gay pride events in the past but was disinvited to the upcoming event and threatened and called homophobic by making that statement. Google him for more details.

None of these things are happening in in a vacuum as you are suggesting.

Ok, thanks for filling me in on Dee Snider's current issue. That has nothing to do with the topic or my comment about being quickly triggered.
The group that I generalized and said is quickly triggered is one that seems to get all frothed up over any current social outrage issue. Nevermind reality, nevermind facts, they get all worked up and outraged if presented with something from a trusted source.
That is who I was, in general, speaking of here.

As I already posted, I recognize that there are also people on the left who are quickly triggered and react without logic, patience, grace, or context.

But in this instance, I was speaking of the generalized group on the right. You then asked who, so I responded with who.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
The past century? What was the "far left" pushing back then? ....equal rights for blacks and women. Pretty telling that you consider that evil.

Trans people should have equal rights. That's the "push". We all know who hates that and why.
Many of us will never accept men competing in women's sports and using women's restrooms as "equal" to anything but catering to a very small, mentally unstable segment of our society. We don't want our female relatives forced to have to deal with this UNLESS they choose to themselves.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
What is being shoved down anyone's throat? That is a really dramatic view and it also seems wildly inaccurate.

A company that advertises across many platforms decided to try and reach a targeted audience in an effort to grow their brand. It clearly didnt work out, because a bunch of people who are quickly triggered were unsurprisingly triggered, but that doesnt change what happened- its just a company trying to grow their brand.

No issue was shoved down your throat. I assume you dont subscribe to this girl's channel/account/feed so you had no idea the advertisement even took place until some outrage media picked up on it and reported it in order to generate revenue of its own thru controversy.
Seriously, this doesnt impact you at all- Bud Light wasnt trying to normalize trans life, Bud Light wasnt grooming, and Bud Light wasnt doing any of the other absurd claims that outrage media has put forth. They wanted to try and sell a product and thought this would be one of many ways to do so.

There is no shoving down throats and you cant honestly claim there is. Saying it is is just one more wild accusation that isnt based in reality.
Bud Light wasn't particularly guilty of it, but yes, it has been shoved down people's throat.

Some of Bud Light's problem is bad luck and some of it is hiring marketing people who don't understand their customers but still dislike them.

The bad luck is that some of this backlash is for other people shoving transexual issues down people's throat. People should not have to worry about grown men going into the same bathroom as their 10 year old daughter. Grown women shouldn't have to worry about fetishists wanting to go to the women's bathroom (and it is a fetish; if it really wasn't a big deal to be around penises, they would just go to the men's bathroom). People shouldn't have to worry about their daughters losing out on athletic opportunities because some men/boys want to compete with women/girls. For better or worse, jumping on the inclusivity wagon with respect to transexuals is equated with putting their feelings over the actual safety of actual women and girls.

I really don't think it played into the backlash, but supposedly Mulvaney is a pretty awful guy himself, saying basically that people that don't want to pretend his minstrel act makes him a real woman should be punished. I haven't seen a direct quote on that, so not positive that's his position, but assuming that's true, bud light does deserve this for not vetting their social media partners before hand. You can't partner with somebody that thinks people should be punished for not wanting their men/boys in the bathroom or showers with their daughters. I think plenty of people that are bashing bud light would have no cares how other men get their jollys, provided they leave children out of it and don't invade what has traditionally been the private spaces of women.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Many of us will never accept men competing in women's sports and using women's restrooms as "equal" to anything but catering to a very small, mentally unstable segment of our society. We don't want our female relatives forced to have to deal with this UNLESS they choose to themselves.
There's room to disagree there as gentlemen without calling the other side evil and pushing an evil agenda.

Feb 4, 2015
What is being shoved down anyone's throat? That is a really dramatic view and it also seems wildly inaccurate.

A company that advertises across many platforms decided to try and reach a targeted audience in an effort to grow their brand. It clearly didnt work out, because a bunch of people who are quickly triggered were unsurprisingly triggered, but that doesnt change what happened- its just a company trying to grow their brand.

No issue was shoved down your throat. I assume you dont subscribe to this girl's channel/account/feed so you had no idea the advertisement even took place until some outrage media picked up on it and reported it in order to generate revenue of its own thru controversy.
Seriously, this doesnt impact you at all- Bud Light wasnt trying to normalize trans life, Bud Light wasnt grooming, and Bud Light wasnt doing any of the other absurd claims that outrage media has put forth. They wanted to try and sell a product and thought this would be one of many ways to do so.

There is no shoving down throats and you cant honestly claim there is. Saying it is is just one more wild accusation that isnt based in reality.
Hell no i dont subscribe to HIS f'ing channel!! Why would I? I'm married and to a WOMAN! A REAL woman! I figured once you got on here it would be in your loving interest of all things liberal! Sorry bud, I don't subscribe to the liberal point of view but thats my right just as yours is being a hardcore leftist. If you dont like my point of view then just worry about your own point of view. I really just dont care.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Bud Light wasn't particularly guilty of it, but yes, it has been shoved down people's throat.

Some of Bud Light's problem is bad luck and some of it is hiring marketing people who don't understand their customers but still dislike them.

The bad luck is that some of this backlash is for other people shoving transexual issues down people's throat. People should not have to worry about grown men going into the same bathroom as their 10 year old daughter. Grown women shouldn't have to worry about fetishists wanting to go to the women's bathroom (and it is a fetish; if it really wasn't a big deal to be around penises, they would just go to the men's bathroom). People shouldn't have to worry about their daughters losing out on athletic opportunities because some men/boys want to compete with women/girls. For better or worse, jumping on the inclusivity wagon with respect to transexuals is equated with putting their feelings over the actual safety of actual women and girls.

I really don't think it played into the backlash, but supposedly Mulvaney is a pretty awful guy himself, saying basically that people that don't want to pretend his minstrel act makes him a real woman should be punished. I haven't seen a direct quote on that, so not positive that's his position, but assuming that's true, bud light does deserve this for not vetting their social media partners before hand. You can't partner with somebody that thinks people should be punished for not wanting their men/boys in the bathroom or showers with their daughters. I think plenty of people that are bashing bud light would have no cares how other men get their jollys, provided they leave children out of it and don't invade what has traditionally been the private spaces of women.
^ views accommodations as 'shoved down my throat'.
Kidding...kind of.

I am on board with the athletics viewpoint. That is how it is in my state, I coach a girl's HS sport, and my daughters play sports. So from a selfish perspective as well as involved observational perspective, I am OK with trans girls not competing in cis-female sports.
I do find it awful that for a long time the argument was(and has been) that a surge of boys will just change gender to be able to dominate in a sport. That hasnt happened and it likely wont happen. That was ignorance playing out.
But yeah, I am on board with it.

I have no idea if Mulvaney is awful or not. None of the pushback has been about that though. Dont try to change the narrative now. It started entirely because it was a trans woman advertising. It wasnt about the specific person and her views. If that was added later on, ok, but that wasnt the initial or even secondary pushback motive.

You mention leaving kids out of it. This advertisement campaign was done by an adult and is for an adult beverage. No kids were involved, yet outrage ensued. I think your theory that many wouldnt care as long as kids are left out is baseless.

FQDawg

May 1, 2006
Hell no i dont subscribe to HIS f'ing channel!! Why would I? I'm married and to a WOMAN! A REAL woman! I figured once you got on here it would be in your loving interest of all things liberal! Sorry bud, I don't subscribe to the liberal point of view but thats my right just as yours is being a hardcore leftist. If you dont like my point of view then just worry about your own point of view. I really just dont care.
this is 40 man GIF

sorry, couldn’t resist.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Well you provided nothing to back up your initial claim. It will remain exactly what it seemed like at first read- a defenseless emotional ramble void of reasoning.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
You and I drink beer the same way. When out I'll start with a Stella or Blue Moon or 2. Then it's back to a light pilsner.

At home, it's Natural Light on hand at all times. I'm only renting this piss water, but I don't care. I'm not drinking to get hammered.

IPAs are an abomination. It was a necessary chemical, logistical, and technological marvel to get beer to India, but technology has progressed beyond this.
I’ve gone through IPA kicks…. But now every little microbrewery makes several. I never understood how the average swill drinker would go for those, but they sure seem to. The hazy IPAs are pretty good…. But I doubt I’ll ever be drinking Stone or Dogfish Head with any regularity again.

I have a family friend that hates beer, but loves sours. I guess because some can taste like a jolly rancher, and she’s a wine drinker.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Some on the Left do love pushing buttons and some on the right get all triggered and hyper-emotional about it. Just don't buy the beer. But if you're putting on MAGA caps and flying MAGA flags cause you think it triggers the left, you're just the mirror opposite of some far lefty feminist displaying her lefty bonifides by coloring her hair purple. Speaking of symbols and advertising, Mississippi had the rebel flag as part of the state flag until quite recently and some people were triggered and reacted emotionally when it was removed.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
I’ve gone through IPA kicks…. But now every little microbrewery makes several. I never understood how the average swill drinker would go for those, but they sure seem to. The hazy IPAs are pretty good…. But I doubt I’ll ever be drinking Stone or Dogfish Head with any regularity again.

I have a family friend that hates beer, but loves sours. I guess because some can taste like a jolly rancher, and she’s a wine drinker.
Don't like sours and don't like IPAs and I gave both a decent shot. Good pilsners have the bitterness I like which keeps me from reaching for an IPA. Then there's Guinness and if I want a national brand of lager, I'll go for Modello or Pacifico over Bud.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Kidding...kind of.

I am on board with the athletics viewpoint. That is how it is in my state, I coach a girl's HS sport, and my daughters play sports. So from a selfish perspective as well as involved observational perspective, I am OK with trans girls not competing in cis-female sports.
I do find it awful that for a long time the argument was(and has been) that a surge of boys will just change gender to be able to dominate in a sport. That hasnt happened and it likely wont happen. That was ignorance playing out.
I'm mostly with you on this. Though I think for sports where competition is not key, say rec leagues or intramurals or whatever, then it should be fine. Though even there there's room for compromise. I don't think a guy that puts on a wig should be able to play with females, but someone receiving medical treatment probably should, non-competitvely.

The flip side of this is the real impact on individuals who have real medical conditions, and in these cases usually concurrent mental trauma. Is excluding them what's best for them? What does it say of us if we choose competition over their well being? I fall on thse side of SOL as I do on most things, it's a tough world and we can't make it sunshine and happiness for all, but I would completely understand someone falling on the other side of that dilemma.

The part of this still obscured is how the doctors who know more about this than any of us all say that this is just how these people are, how they are wired, for whatever reason, and just denying it and forcing them to live other than as they are causes deep mental trauma and leads to bad outcomes, with high suicide rates in particular. Im not surprised the Ivermectin crowd wouldn't care, but it seems there's many that would never be in the Ivermectin crowd but don't realize the medical community's stance.

Reactions: mstateglfr

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
The two things I find funny are the reactions.
1. This Dylan person is an influencer right. I literally had never heard of this person before this. I assume influencers best currency is Fame. And all TT and KR did was give Dylan a lot more fame.
2. Buying cases of Bud Light to destroy them seems like a stupid way to boycott. If I ever create a product could you let me know what I can do to make you buy tons of my product to destroy it out of protests? That’ll show me!!

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
I don't know. A chic with a dick makes me believe there's absolutely something being shoved down someone's throat.
I just need the rednecks and their $20,000 four wheelers to stop taking all the Miller Lite. Throw some Pabst or something in your Yeti. Might I suggest Coors Light.
If the folks that claim they are turned off by a chick with a dick hawking some **** beer would spend a little less time thinking about chicks with dicks they can go back to buying their BL and your Miller problem is fixed. I'm sure that AB will throw them a manly Bud Light (is that even a thing?) ad filled with trucks, sports, ranch hands or whatever and the triggered can fall back into their safe space and feel straight holding a BL can again.

Really, it's not hard to think about that or any tranny if you choose not to. I'd have probably never heard about this controversy if not for twitter and here. The folks that claim this is part of some kind of greater message control don't even realize they are just falling victim to some other kind of message control. Feel this way. Feel that way. **** that noise. Just drink the beer you like or don't and quit ******* crying whenever someone tells you to get mad over this or that. You all sound like children.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Kidding...kind of.

I have no idea if Mulvaney is awful or not. None of the pushback has been about that though. Dont try to change the narrative now. It started entirely because it was a trans woman advertising. It wasnt about the specific person and her views. If that was added later on, ok, but that wasnt the initial or even secondary pushback motive.

You mention leaving kids out of it. This advertisement campaign was done by an adult and is for an adult beverage. No kids were involved, yet outrage ensued. I think your theory that many wouldnt care as long as kids are left out is baseless.

How much of my post did you actually read?

And kids are definitely not being left out of it. People are pushing for explicit sexual material to be available to elementary school students. They are pushing for kids at drag shows. They are pushing for men to be able to use the same restrooms as young girls. They are pushing for adolescent boys to be able to use the same bathrooms and showers as adolescent girls. That is not leaving children out of it.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Dylan Mulvaney is holding a Bud Light and now saying that pop-up ads on sports message boards promote inclusion.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022

And kids are definitely not being left out of it. People are pushing for explicit sexual material to be available to elementary school students. They are pushing for kids at drag shows. They are pushing for men to be able to use the same restrooms as young girls. They are pushing for adolescent boys to be able to use the same bathrooms and showers as adolescent girls. That is not leaving children out of it.
It would be a good idea to be able to reasonably oppose these things instead of reacting angrily and emotionally. It's also a good idea to oppose things reasonably and not fall for Qanon stuff and trinkets sold by grifters promising you that buying them will make you a patriot who owns the libz and makes them cry.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022

And people are pushing to murder anyone to the left of center. What's your point?

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017

You must not watch any TV. Every show, movie and commercial has multiple LGBT+ people and themes to it

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

PRAVan1996

Mar 7, 2023
It's interesting this topic has come up. Just this weekend, I took my five-year old to a Starbucks to get a cookie. He can be a little shy and we've been working with him on interacting with people and him getting a cookie as a reward is a good motivator. Plus, Starbucks' chocolate chip cookies are actually really good.

Anyway, as we're in line, he pulls me down and whispers to ask if the person behind the counter was a boy or a girl. I hadn't noticed so I looked up. The person was clearly trans but I honestly don't know which direction they are transitioning. I told him I wasn't sure and asked him what he thought and he said he wasn't sure either. I told him to just focus on using his "polite words."

We get to the counter, and the person asks for our order. My son stepped up and said "I'd like a chocolate chip cookie, please." The person smiled and asked him if he wanted it warmed up and he said "no thank you." They asked me what I wanted and I ordered my drink and a cookie. After we got them, we went to a table and my kid went back to talking about dinosaurs for like the 15th straight hour.

It was all fine. At no point did I feel like the person was "forcing" anything or me or my son. They were just existing in the world. My son was polite. I was polite. The person behind the counter was polite. I honestly don't know that I would have thought about the interaction again until I read this thread. But again, it was all fine.

Just from my own experience, the "Left" isn't trying to ram anything down anyone's throats. They're just asking for all people, including trans, gay, *****, black, brown, etc..., to be treated with dignity and respect. If you can't treat a trans person with dignity and respect, it says more about you and your lifestyle than it says about the trans person and their lifestyle.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
This isn’t a complicated issue to me. People are making their beliefs known in the best way possible, with their wallets. This Dylan person is just the lightning rod for a broader culture war. It certainly didn’t help that the AB employee was very condescending regarding Bud Light’s existing customer base.

As for me, I don’t hate transgender people. I think that they should be treated with dignity, respect, and that anyone who seeks them out to inflict violence upon them should be prosecuted to the greatest extent possible. However, I am very much against children transitioning and biological males competing against female athletes. I can see why some might come to the conclusion that Bud Light shouldn’t get any more of their discretionary spending.

Reactions: Ghostman
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login