BWI Sport Betting Thread

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
Or if it was posted as an "open" on a site like vegasinsider, it could have been a 'game of the year' (preseason) line or something. I've adjusted Michigan down by something like 8 points and now have them just about even with UW. And yeah, 2 to 3 points for HFA (ActionNetwork has it at 2.3 pts for UW) to give UW the edge.
There were a few early books that had it at Mich -1 or -1.5 for a few minutes on Sunday morning, but they were quickly bet towards Wash before the real books opened (and really, it takes little to move it a few points at that point, especially when some dead numbers are involved).

Reactions: Grant Green

CDLionFL

Oct 25, 2021
Bad Beat story time:

I got a $28 bonus bet from Hard Rock yesterday. I decided to throw that free money on a MLB props parlay. Here was the list:

Chourio hit
Contreras hit
Tatis hit
Merrill hit
Urshela no hit
Soler no hit

The top 4 on the board all took care of their hits in the 1st inning. Urshela really didn't threaten anything. Soler had a rip into the gap in his first AB but it got tracked down. 9th inning, 4-0 Padres, Soler hitting 2nd with 1 out. Suarez gets him 0-2. Catcher sets up for a high fastball. Suarez doesn't get it high enough and Soler fights it off for an opposite-field bloop single. Naturally, Suarez gets the next 2 guys out to end the game. Would have paid 18-1.

Try again some other time.

Reactions: MtNittany

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
Bad Beat story time:

I got a $28 bonus bet from Hard Rock yesterday. I decided to throw that free money on a MLB props parlay. Here was the list:

Chourio hit
Contreras hit
Tatis hit
Merrill hit
Urshela no hit
Soler no hit

The top 4 on the board all took care of their hits in the 1st inning. Urshela really didn't threaten anything. Soler had a rip into the gap in his first AB but it got tracked down. 9th inning, 4-0 Padres, Soler hitting 2nd with 1 out. Suarez gets him 0-2. Catcher sets up for a high fastball. Suarez doesn't get it high enough and Soler fights it off for an opposite-field bloop single. Naturally, Suarez gets the next 2 guys out to end the game. Would have paid 18-1.

Try again some other time.
It's always the last one on the card that gets you.

grinagrin

Oct 25, 2021
My bad beat from this weekend.

Lost an 8 game parlay, $1300 payout by .5 point (Louisville lost by 7, had them +6.5)

Attachments

• IMG_8152.png
    IMG_8152.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 4

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
It's always the last one on the card that gets you.
I had a buddy 30 or so years ago named Fresh Phil. Back in the phone in, write it down bookie days, at one point he had lost 17 NFL and college bets in a row. He calls the bookie to ask about a Hawaii line to try to get some back. Bookie says Hawaii is on the mainland - already kicked off.

Phil: What do you have?
Bookie: All I have is Ice
Phil: What's Ice?
Bookie: Hockey
Phil: I don't know anything about hockey
Bookie: I'm looking at your sheet. You don't know anything about football either.

True story. Phil failed out of FAU and made it to UCF where he became the biggest bookie on campus and ended up buying a failed golf course for $1.5M when still in his twenties.

Last edited:

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
My bad beat from this weekend.

Lost an 8 game parlay, $1300 payout by .5 point (Louisville lost by 7, had them +6.5)
Ouch. Always important to get the best number and 7 is a key number. Another reason I don't like big parlays - wait for a better number and you may get a worse number on another game.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login