BWI Sport Betting Thread

Sep 17, 2024
There's a thing going around about big 10 teams traveling 2+ time zones. 1-8 ats so far this season. Small sample size but holding true so far in iowa.
Looking at UCLA +4 vs Minny later today. Hope psu can buck the trend.
And Washington struggled against the run-heavy Rutgers team.

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
Saved most of my PSU bets w/ PSU 2nd half spread bets. Came real close to betting the money line at half. Army is just a well oiled machine.

Reactions: LionJim

CDLionFL

Oct 25, 2021
Yesterday's facepalm-inducing wagering:

The Good -- Guardians, BYU, and LSU
The Bad -- Pitt, Oklahoma, WVU
The Ugly -- when SC went up 19-14, I hit the live bet for Bama -2 1/2. Hilariously unfortunate.

On to the NFL. Already blew it with the Seahawks on Thursday night. Currently have Bears, under, and Jags team under working.

Reactions: LionJim

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
L/P: PSU -3, PSU -4, Tennessee -6.5, Tosu -.5 2nd half
W: PSU -1.5 2nd half, KSU +2.5, Syracuse -1, ISU -3, NM -10.5, BYU -3

Last edited:

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
L: PSU -3, PSU -4, Tennessee -6.5, Tosu -.5 2nd half
W: PSU -1.5 2nd half, KSU +2.5, Syracuse -1, ISU -3, NM -10.5, BYU -3
So you’re ahead for the weekend? (Is it bad form to ask, bringing in the jinx factor?)

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
Yesterday's facepalm-inducing wagering:

The Good -- Guardians, BYU, and LSU
The Bad -- Pitt, Oklahoma, WVU
The Ugly -- when SC went up 19-14, I hit the live bet for Bama -2 1/2. Hilariously unfortunate.

On to the NFL. Already blew it with the Seahawks on Thursday night. Currently have Bears, under, and Jags team under working.
I had Pitt as well and that was maddening. They were kind of in control and then scored zero points in 2H. Gotta give Cal a lot of credit. I thought they would fade as the game went on after that Miami game and lots of recent travel.
Was with you on LSU. that was a sweat! Somewhat fortunate victory but I'll take it.

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
Look ahead spots this week. These shouldn't be auto bets, but are intended to factor into your handicap.

Syracuse (-4) at NC State
Syracuse is off a fairly big win vs UNLV and plays ranked Pitt next week. I actually like NC State here, even without McCall and this is starting to get bet down to 3.5
LOSS
Louisville (-7.5) at UVA
Louisville plays Miami next week
WIN
Florida (+15.5) at Tennessee
South Carolina (+21.5) at Bama
UT plays Bama next week. While Florida is typically a big game, some look ahead is probably in play for Bama
WIN-WIN
Miss St (-33.5) at UGA
Texas (-14) vs OU
UGA plays Texas next week. Same deal as UF vs UT, Texas vs OU is a big game, but this year I think UGA is bigger.
WIN-LOSS
GA tech (-4.5) at UNC
GA Tech plays ND next week
LOSS
Purdue (+19.5) at Illinois
Illinois plays Michigan next week (Purdue is on the no-bet list for me)-WIN
Grading the look ahead spots. A win is betting against the team with look ahead
5-3

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
Opening Lines
Louisville -7 at UVA seems much too low-LINE STAYED SAME, L
JMU vs CC at -9.5 a few points too low-LINE MOVED AGAINST PROJECTION -W
Kentucky -12 vs Vandy - a little overreaction on Vandy? I got more like -17.-LINE MOVED TOWARD PROJECTION AND FINISHED WHERE IT STARTED-L
Rutgers -2.5 vs Wisky seems like it should be closer to pick. LINE MOVED TO WISKY - W
Memphis -6.5 vs USF a bit too high. MESSY DATA POINT DUE TO HURRICANE - NOT COUNTING THIS ONE
UGA and Army both giving too many points, but not sure I'd step in front of either next weekend (UGA does have look ahead to UT though) W, L

PSU -5 at USC may be a touch high, but PSU is pretty dominant in a number of advanced stat comparison. NOT OFFICIALLY PART OF THE OPENING LINES, BUT THIS WOULD BE A WIN
Grading opening lines 3-3

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
Grant, how do you see the UNL @ IU line moving in the next few days? HR has it at IU -5 right now.
Well, I do have IU at-7.5.
5 is a dead number so let's see where it goes. I'm inclined to stay on the IU train going forward until the lines get too high.
Cignetti seems to be like JF and try to cover spreads late in games.

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
Well, I do have IU at-7.5.
5 is a dead number so let's see where it goes. I'm inclined to stay on the IU train going forward until the lines get too high.
Cignetti seems to be like JF and try to cover spreads late in games.
I bet it at 5. Still there.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login