OT: Shopping in the convenience store…while parked at the gas pumps

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
I don’t know about all that but there’s a TON of gangster rap rocked at our pumps, including all the usual words: NIG..R, ****, etc
say turn it down and find out

So you're saying you live in the ghetto? If I were you I would have kept working, rather than retire, even though you're still working while retired, so I could afford to retire somewhere nicer. Everyone knows all the respectable people listen to juvenile angst punk rock and jump in mosh pits.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
Saw Cracker last nite. sat nicely on my lax sideline chair the entire time. Some of us can do it all. As far as Middletown goes, we dig it the most. Diversity is healthy I’m told by (D)
and my retirement gig is awesome TYVM

Last edited:
Reactions: bbrown

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
Saw Cracker last, sat nicely on my lax sideline chair the entire time. Some of us can do it all. As far as Middletown goes, we dig it the most. Diversity is healthy I’m told by (D)
and my retirement gig is awesome TYVM

It's not retirement if you're still working. Were you just "involuntarily retired" from your last job?

And getting into threat wars via music at gas pumps seems like a real awesome way to live, and something to brag about. At least you have to carry a gun around with you to feel safe ... so you have that going for you. Seems fun.

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
It's not retirement if you're still working. Were you just "involuntarily retired" from your last job?

And getting into threat wars via music at gas pumps seems like a real awesome way to live, and something to brag about. At least you have to carry a gun around with you to feel safe ... so you have that going for you. Seems fun.
Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021

I really wouldn’t call what I’m doing “work”

SleepyLion

Sep 1, 2022
More importantly, in which hellholes did/do you live where that is expected behavior? Are there frequent shootouts at your gas pumps, with all the blatant theft and concealed carry folks? Pilfering and Pew Pew at the Pump.
Lived in Richmond VA in the 90s left as soon as I could. It was not ideal. Common to see drug deals and guns in school. In middle school there was a "gang" with a "hit list "of students to beat up. I do not know how I avoided it. It would not have been good for me I didn't weight 100lbs in 9th grade. 6 or 7 perpetrators for 1 victim. I had a good home life. Many of my "classmates" were not so lucky. Murder rate of 60+ per year for every 100,000 population. One time in HS I gave a wrestling teammate a ride home. He lived in the projects. When he got out of the car he said "thanks, don't stop the car for any reason until you get to the main road run the stop signs and lights." He figured I'd be carjacked or worse.
https://commonwealthtimes.org/2016/03/15/richmond-ranks-among-nations-deadliest-cities/
Headless to say getting something stolen would not have been out of the ordinary.

Now I live much more rural. But most at the gas station near me are transient people or are only in the area to visit family in prison. Crime isn't bad here, but there is not any local police, 3 PSP for the county at any one time. So, calling for help could be a wait, sometimes it is not. But even a report for a disabled car accident can take 30+ minutes before someone is on the scene. My neighborhood has a few PSP living here, so they try to stay nearby.

Also, I don't carry an E-11 blaster that goes pew pew and I'm not paying for a suppressor for my handgun.

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
Your the first I've ever heard of doing this. Never occurred to me that someone could be so trusting of 100% of the population around them.
I grew up in a small town. Never lock my doors at home. Used to leave the car keys in the cup holder.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bison13

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
Lived in Richmond VA in the 90s left as soon as I could. It was not ideal. Common to see drug deals and guns in school. In middle school there was a "gang" with a "hit list "of students to beat up. I do not know how I avoided it. It would not have been good for me I didn't weight 100lbs in 9th grade. 6 or 7 perpetrators for 1 victim. I had a good home life. Many of my "classmates" were not so lucky. Murder rate of 60+ per year for every 100,000 population. One time in HS I gave a wrestling teammate a ride home. He lived in the projects. When he got out of the car he said "thanks, don't stop the car for any reason until you get to the main road run the stop signs and lights." He figured I'd be carjacked or worse.
https://commonwealthtimes.org/2016/03/15/richmond-ranks-among-nations-deadliest-cities/
Headless to say getting something stolen would not have been out of the ordinary.

Now I live much more rural. But most at the gas station near me are transient people or are only in the area to visit family in prison. Crime isn't bad here, but there is not any local police, 3 PSP for the county at any one time. So, calling for help could be a wait, sometimes it is not. But even a report for a disabled car accident can take 30+ minutes before someone is on the scene. My neighborhood has a few PSP living here, so they try to stay nearby.

Also, I don't carry an E-11 blaster that goes pew pew and I'm not paying for a suppressor for my handgun.

Ah, so you went from an urban hellhole to a rural hellhole.

I've lived in rural areas, urban areas and suburban areas, and never had any concerns about crime, or felt so unsure of my safety I felt it necessary to carry a gun.

I've never done it myself, but I've often seen folks pump gas and leave it filling up while they went in to pay, or buy other things. Never saw anyone attempt to take the nozzle.

It's too bad you've missed out on civilization. Now that you're feral, it'd probably be difficult to reintegrate yourself into civilized society.

• Haha
Reactions: laKavosiey-st lion

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
Do you pay car insurance? Rental insurance? That’s the premise behind CC

This may be the dumbest thing ever posted on this board ... and you and Bob post here often, so that's saying something.

No, concealed carry would be the same "premise" as equipping your car with friggin' laser beams to stave off anyone who might want to ram you. Or equipping your rental property with a moat filled with friggin' sharks with friggin' laser beams to deter anyone from entering.

If concealed carry were to be the same "premise" as car or rental insurance, it would be ... drumroll, please ... property, health or life insurance. So scared laKabrain could pull out a copy of his health insurance coverage when a meanie approached him, instead of his penis substitute.

Good lord, man. Holy freak.

With all due respect, of course.

EricStratton-RushChairman

Oct 6, 2021
While pumping gas a local station and I got the old "could you spare some money so I could some gas in my car and get home"... I responded with "pull you car around and I will put some gas in for you"... the puzzled stare on his face was comical. He passed on my offer but did ask one last time for some money.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
Say I’m driving my boxster S in Philly (I will be often) and some kids from north side roll up, draw nines, and attempt to take my $100k car.
Should I in your opinion:
Get out of the 718 and give them my car?
Call the police after I give them my 718?
or defend myself and my $100k 718?
I’m C, defend myself etc
Which are you?

SW-Lion

Nov 1, 2021
What pisses me off are the “Yo Mobiles” with the loud *** tailpipes……seriously? If you want to save gas and hear loud noise, sit by the railroad tracks!

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
Say I’m driving my boxster S in Philly (I will be often) and some kids from north side roll up, draw nines, and attempt to take my $100k car.
I’m C, defend myself etc
Which are you?
You drive away, dumschit.

SleepyLion

Sep 1, 2022
Ah, so you went from an urban hellhole to a rural hellhole.

I've lived in rural areas, urban areas and suburban areas, and never had any concerns about crime, or felt so unsure of my safety I felt it necessary to carry a gun.

I've never done it myself, but I've often seen folks pump gas and leave it filling up while they went in to pay, or buy other things. Never saw anyone attempt to take the nozzle.

It's too bad you've missed out on civilization. Now that you're feral, it'd probably be difficult to reintegrate yourself into civilized society.
If we ever met you would have no idea.

I don't think I live in a rural hellhole. In fact I feel safer at home than I do when I visit dear ol state.

It must be nice to not have to worry about crime or even think about it. I guess that is what entitlement and/or privilege is.

• Haha
Reactions: Bison13 and bbrown

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
I’m C, defend myself etc
Which are you?

I'm using the gun on myself for buying a Porsche. Why would you buy that car, since you have purchased 3,476 other cars in the last couple months, if your posts are to be believed? Sort of like all your trips and residences back in the day, when you couldn't keep your fantastical stories straight. You're a Miata girl. And that's OK. We accept you. Vroom vroom. Pew pew.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
If you’re are car guy, let’s chat. If you ARE a car guy, you could talk on the reviewers biggest gripe about the 2024 718 S. Do you know it?
do these terms mean anything to you?
mid engine
PDK
7.5 redline
SPASM
racing pedigree
1375 kilos
euro delivery

Last edited:

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
If we ever met you would have no idea.

I don't think I live in a rural hellhole. In fact I feel safer at home than I do when I visit dear ol state.

It must be nice to not have to worry about crime or even think about it. I guess that is what entitlement and/or privilege is.

You live somewhere that you feel so unsafe, that you need to carry a gun around. You live somewhere that, according to you, has no police force. You live somewhere that kids are looking to steal cars and folks are stealing gas, with no police force there to enforce laws. 3 non-local cops ... to cover an entire county?

Crime happens everywhere. Even in civilization. You just take reasonable precautions to avoid it, and you don't obsess about it. I'm not going to carry a deadly projectile-shooting weapon with me to visit the store, or see my kid's games, or do WHATEVER I do in normal, everyday life to guard against crime, though. I'm not going to be thinking about every criminal activity that could possibly happen in a situation, and fretting over it. That's crazy. If I lived in a lawless hellhole ... maybe I would reconsider.

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
I'm using the gun on myself for buying a Porsche.

im responding to this sentence
moms prefers this:

Last edited:

bbrown

Nov 1, 2021
Reactions: laKavosiey-st lion

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login