OT: Shopping in the convenience store…while parked at the gas pumps

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Last summer while on vacation I was in a busy parking lot looking for a spot. This car leaves and I start to pull in to the spot. A guys runs up to my front bumper and tells me that this spot is for his wife. He stood the MFing me for a few minutes. His wife pulls up and I told her I'm going to use this spot, so she can look for another one. I gave him a thumbs up and put my car in park. (meanwhile my wife goes to the restaurant and tells me it is a 45 minute wait for a table, so I'm in no hurry.) About 10 minutes later it starts to rain. The guy stands there for another 15 minutes in the rain. Finally, he gives up MFs me some more and I go eat. I was glad I could see my car from my table. Noticed his wife's vehicle left the parking lot not long after we were seated.
At least one of us (definitely not the wives) was a jackhole that day.

It wasn’t you. You can’t ‘claim’ a spot for someone.

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021
Lowes and Home Depot typically have four spots for veterans

Funny when someone tries to call you out on it. I usually don’t use the spots because I feel like it’s unnecessary pandering, but sometimes it’s useful. Harris Teeter grocery stores does this too. One time a guy asked me my branch and unit. And it was clear he wasn’t interested but wanted to see if I was a Vet. I told him and he shut up.

Another time I parked in the closest spot to the Safeway that wasn’t a handicapped spot. I was - no lie - wearing golf clothes and when I got out of the car an older man asked what my handicap was. For a second I thought he was asking about golf; then I realized he was trying to bust me for parking in a handicap spot. I told him it’s not a handicap spot and he came to inspect. He admitted he was wrong and walked away. I hate that crap.

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
Lowes and Home Depot typically have four spots for veterans
I've never noticed a problem at Lowes. Maybe it's the way the parking lots are laid out.

But I want to repeat myself. I 100% support preferred parking for handicapped and disabled. It just seems more excessive at Home Depot.

Reactions: Psu00 and Nitt1300

ApexLion

Nov 1, 2021
There is a handicapped spot near the Starbucks that my wife and I frequent. I have never seen another handicapped spot occupied by non-handicapped people like this one is. People pull in there to run in for their mobile-ordered Starbucks drink or to grab a burger at a place a couple of doors down. Just yesterday, I saw a guy pull into this handicapped spot and run (literally run) into the burger place. A$$hole.
Trip him next time!

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
I read in golf magazine 100 years ago something I always laugh about. A guy watches a woman park in a handicap spot, she hops out super healthy so the guy asks her “what’s YOUR handicap?” to which she replies “12”
‘get it? 12. Haha

to this day when I see sketchy HCap parking I always wanna ask it.

Reactions: Midnighter

leinbacker

Oct 13, 2021
I know 99% of the general public are self-centered and try to be pro-active in avoiding the idiots. When my gas tank is less than half full, I watch for opportunity to pull into a gas station where gas pumps are easily available…sometimes it takes days before I get gas. Road trips, kinda hard to avoid the idiots…

New Jersey is the place for you then, no self serve.

SleepyLion

Sep 1, 2022
I was glad I could see my car from my table.

I NEVER put my car in vandalism’s way. Just read this on the C8 board

f ing YIKES
It was more to document anything with my phone. For the police/insurance report.

My car at the time was 4 months old at the time. My feeling about it then is the same as any car.
Definition of a Car: A pile of rust I burn money in.

And egg whites are a b!t<h.

Reactions: laKavosiey-st lion

Fac

Oct 12, 2021
Funny when someone tries to call you out on it. I usually don’t use the spots because I feel like it’s unnecessary pandering, but sometimes it’s useful. Harris Teeter grocery stores does this too. One time a guy asked me my branch and unit. And it was clear he wasn’t interested but wanted to see if I was a Vet. I told him and he shut up.

Another time I parked in the closest spot to the Safeway that wasn’t a handicapped spot. I was - no lie - wearing golf clothes and when I got out of the car an older man asked what my handicap was. For a second I thought he was asking about golf; then I realized he was trying to bust me for parking in a handicap spot. I told him it’s not a handicap spot and he came to inspect. He admitted he was wrong and walked away. I hate that crap.
If you were in golf clothes you should have said "9" or whatever your handicap is.

Reactions: Midnighter

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
How many EV charging stations? o_O
I don't see it in that article but I'm pretty sure it's in the 20-30 range.

If you haven't been to one of these places you should see it. I know the one in NC off of has it's own exit off rt 95. It's a tourist attraction.

Reactions: BobPSU92

PSU_Lions_84

Jul 2, 2022

PSU_Lions_84

Jul 2, 2022
Fresh grenade to this discussion: How about sitting at a fuel pump while the whole family shops inside? Then they emerge, have to store their stuff, get kids in car seats, have Mom clean up the Slushee kid #3 just spilled inside the car while Dad decides it's a good time to change the oil AND transmission fluid, etc., etc., etc.

Achowalogan

Oct 12, 2021
I don't see it in that article but I'm pretty sure it's in the 20-30 range.

If you haven't been to one of these places you should see it. I know the one in NC off of has it's own exit off rt 95. It's a tourist attracti
Fresh grenade to this discussion: How about sitting at a fuel pump while the whole family shops inside? Then they emerge, have to store their stuff, get kids in car seats, have Mom clean up the Slushee kid #3 just spilled inside the car while Dad decides it's a good time to change the oil AND transmission fluid, etc., etc., etc.
…or pump gas….,

Midnighter

Oct 7, 2021

If they don’t get your sympathy no one will…

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
The biggest dick move I have happen to me was at a WAWA when I waited behind some guy for the pump - he finished then walked into the WAWA to but a bunch of stuff - what an a-hole. Had to back up and go to another pump - I wish I had a bag of sugar to sweeten his gas tank on me.

carry a tire valve tool- it only takes a second to remove the valve internals and throw them away
Removing the tire valve core is the way to go. Sugar won't dissolve in gasoline, will likely settle to th bottom of the tank, never make it to the engine. Worst case is that it clogs the fuel filter or line, making driving as PITA. Better yet, carry something sharp like a heavy gauge scratch awl and puncture a sidewall. Not only does that make the car not driveable, but will necessitate replacement of that tire, and maybe more.

BriantheLion

Nov 27, 2023
I once saw an eccentric(I recognized her from elsewhere)older woman WAXING her car at a gas pump!

Reactions: PSU_Lions_84

Got GSPs

Oct 7, 2021
It is very common, when pulling into our local Sheetz, to have trouble finding an available pump… I am fine with waiting my turn while others are actually pumping gas…or cleaning their windshield… but it infuriates me that so many people inconsiderately leave their car at the pump while they are inside for several minutes, finally emerging with a bag full of sandwiches, snack foods, or whatever… I will, and believe everyone should, always move the car to a parking space to enter the store….

…recently, to add insult to injury, the screen on the pump says “Lock your car when unattended.”… seemingly condoning this practice!

I am interested to see the thoughts of others.
If I do have to go inside the convenience store when getting gas, I go inside while the pump is running. Luckily virtually all pumps have the auto shut off.

I have VW Jetta TDI and what irks me is when people without diesel engines use the gas pumps that offer diesel.

Reactions: Bison13

SleepyLion

Sep 1, 2022
If I do have to go inside the convenience store when getting gas, I go inside while the pump is running. Luckily virtually all pumps have the auto shut off.

I have VW Jetta TDI and what irks me is when people without diesel engines use the gas pumps that offer diesel.
No one has ever taken the pump out of your car and put it in theirs and just started filling?
Do you live in Mayberry?

JohnJumba

Oct 7, 2021
And then there are the jackholes that don’t return shopping carts and leave them right up against your car, or better yet, within rolling distance to your car…….. we could go on and on😂😂😂😂

Known as "bum buggys" you have to love seeing them dumped all over town.

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
I pump my gas and then pull into a parking spot before going inside to shop or use the rest room.

Reactions: BriantheLion

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
And then there are the jackholes that don’t return shopping carts and leave them right up against your car, or better yet, within rolling distance to your car…….. we could go on and on😂😂😂😂
There should be a law

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
No one has ever taken the pump out of your car and put it in theirs and just started filling?
Do you live in Mayberry?
More importantly, in which hellholes did/do you live where that is expected behavior? Are there frequent shootouts at your gas pumps, with all the blatant theft and concealed carry folks? Pilfering and Pew Pew at the Pump.

Reactions: LionJim

laKavosiey-st lion

Oct 30, 2021
I don’t know about all that but there’s a TON of gangster rap rocked at our pumps, including all the usual words: NIG..R, ****, etc
say turn it down and find out

Reactions: LionJim

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
More importantly, in which hellholes did/do you live where that is expected behavior? Are there frequent shootouts at your gas pumps, with all the blatant theft and concealed carry folks? Pilfering and Pew Pew at the Pump.
That’s the thing, people carry guns nowadays and you need to act with this in mind.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login