Recession incoming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
This article (2 minute read) and video can explain it better than me:

View attachment 621098

I read the article, although I didn’t need to. I was agreeing with you in principle…..while also calling out that its an overly complex explanation of a simple reality. And its not really saying anything we didn’t already know.

There’s a shock to the system. Terrorist attack, pandemic, global recession…..whatever. Effects are high inflation, reduced spending power, stagnant wages, skyrocketing home values.

The winners are rich people. The losers are poor people. Always. Without fail. Doesn’t matter what you use to fill in the blanks of the Mad Libs scenario above.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Th

They've been doing so for a long time.
...and young conservatives alongside suburban moms will save us from this long standing evil partnership?

That is a helluva claim to make.
A ton of big tech is conservative.
A ton of mainstream media is conservative. ...but young conservatives and suburban moms are who will 'save' democracy.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Prices have never been reduced over time in the history of the US economy. Some level of inflation is always there and will always be there. Every 17ing thing you buy will be more expensive a year from now than this year, on average. That is the natural way of the US economy. A low, stable level of inflation is necessary and healthy, as it indicates wage growth and things like that are happening.

When its only a little bit higher instead of a lot higher, that is inflation reducing….which is good. But its a rate of change measurement that is always positive, not a flat price measurement. An alarming number of people that think that the inflation problem will not be “solved” until the prices of everything go back to what they were pre-COVID. That is absolutely never going to happen, under any presidential administration, interest rate environment, or what have you. Just like gas is never going to be $0.99 a gallon again, a Coca-Cola is never going to be $0.50 again, and a happy meal is never going to be $2.99 again.

Chaos is a ladder, and corporations use it relentlessly to lock in long term price increases on captive consumers after crazy events like COVID and 9/11. Such is the way of things with capitalism.
I suggest you look at the 1930s. Now that being said DEFLATION is a true calamity economically. A very mild inflation rate should be the target. It's been terrible the last 4 years and has been REALLY bad in the two sectors that the government has always left out of the official statistics, food and energy. Those are the two that hit virtually everyone but real rich the hardest of all. If you want to know why the vast majority of the country thinks the economy is terrible when the traditional measures say it isn't look no farther.

Reactions: Anon1704414204

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Not convinced Trump will be the one.

If they don't kill him, it will be another joke of an election. I mean, a dementia patient somehow got 81 mil votes...the most in history.
They will do whatever they can to install Kamala. Just watch.
Got more votes than Obama yet couldn't get more than 25 cars to show up at a huge H.S. Parking Lot for a campaign rally. Spent most of the time in a basement.

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
These facts worsen TDS. Our Fellow Six Packers on The Left with backing from MSNBC are tap dancing, spinning and dodging ONLY cuz of their Emotional Hatred for DJT. They would rather have a more substantive argument to not vote Trump they could preach to us but we're 90 Days away so they've gone to full "By Any Means Necessary" Mode. When folks deny obvious truths to this degree it usually indicates panic and desperation.

Last edited:

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Big Tec
...and young conservatives alongside suburban moms will save us from this long standing evil partnership?

That is a helluva claim to make.
A ton of big tech is conservative.
A ton of mainstream media is conservative. ...but young conservatives and suburban moms are who will 'save' democracy.
Big Tech, MSM, Academia, Entertainment and now even The Olympic's are OverWHELMINGLY Owned & Dominated by The Woke Left So they're all on the same Dem Team / Side. They don't need signed partnership docs.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
@Boom Boom , you’re being dumb. We ain’t in a recession. It actually makes your people look good. Factually, we ain’t. Still sucks though.
My thread title was literally two words, and ya f'd up understanding it.
leonardo dicaprio bravo GIF

• Haha
Reactions: ckDOG

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Big Tec

Big Tech, MSM, Academia, Entertainment and now even The Olympic's are OverWHELMINGLY Owned & Dominated by The Woke Left So they're all on the same Dem Team / Side. They don't need signed partnership docs.
- Elon pledged countless dollars to Trump.
- Mark Zuk slobbed all over how Trump was the image of a powerful leader.
- Facebook's algorithm pushed Breitbart news feeds for multiple years during the late 10's, which caused conservative angled news and also conservative angled BS to proliferate.
- FoxNews has claimed the top viewership for multiple nights/hours of cable news for countless years.
- 'big tech' has funded JD Vance's rise.

Yes, news has a lot of people who are not conservative. This argument has been hashed on SPS multiple times and DCD posted some graphic a couple months ago that showed most journalists are independent, and then claimed they probably misidentify, or something like that.
In the end, what the graphic actually showed was that 'the left' is not how most journalists identify.

Big Tech is not a monolith in how it votes.. Tech companies take money from people of all political persuasion and tech companies donate to those they think will help advance whatever goals and agendas each tech company has.

Good lord, now you are rambling about the Olympics. F17S, the outrage never ends.
I swear, I don't know if there is more manufactured outrage or Napoleon Syndrome within the average social conservative these days.

Regardless of all the above - young conservative guys and suburban moms won't be who saves democracy. That's a 17ing hilarious partnership to push though.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
These facts worsen TDS. Our Fellow Six Packers on The Left with backing from MSNBC are tap dancing, spinning and dodging ONLY cuz of their Emotional Hatred for DJT. They would rather have a more substantive argument to not vote Trump they could preach to us but we're 90 Days away so they've gone to full "By Any Means Necessary" Mode. Folks denying obvious truths to this degree usually indicates panic and desperation.
Uh huh. Tell me more about Massive Vote Fraud.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Yes, news has a lot of people who are not conservative. This argument has been hashed on SPS multiple times and DCD posted some graphic a couple months ago that showed most journalists are independent, and then claimed they probably misidentify, or something like that.
In the end, what the graphic actually showed was that 'the left' is not how most journalists identify.
Thats not what I said

IMG_2745.jpeg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Looks like I was referring to comments from Zombie and WillowSomethingDawg, which were made after your infographic and my response to the infographic.

Thank you for jogging my memory. I was not accusing you of anything bad or blaming you in this thread, but yes accuracy is best.

So @Anon-#s, my point in that earlier post remains, but please now associate the interpretation of the infographic to others and not DCD.
The majority of journalists identify as independent still.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Looks like I was referring to comments from Zombie and WillowSomethingDawg, which were made after your infographic and my response to the infographic.

Thank you for jogging my memory. I was not accusing you of anything bad or blaming you in this thread, but yes accuracy is best.

So @Anon-#s, my point in that earlier post remains, but please now associate the interpretation of the infographic to others and not DCD.
The majority of journalists identify as independent still.
Fox may out perform other individual cable news networks but they are dwarfed by the combined totals of those others. Then throw in CBS, NBC & ABC The Left's dominance becomes exponentially greater.

Musk saw how Big Tech especially Twitter and the Dems worked together to squelch the truth about the laptop, Covid's origins, effectiveness of masks, Jabs and lockdown overkill so he got pissed off. This promted him to spend a schit ton to expose the Goebbels tactics and give The Truth a little breathing room. He's a Patriot for doing so who voted for and supported Obama. To say Zuckerbucks (bet you don't even know the term's meaning) caters to The Right made me LMAO.

Last edited:
Reactions: tbaydog

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Schumer, Pelosi, McConnell and Obama’s cronies run the Government. Trump is not a conservative. His policies are more centrist. Heck, JFK would be a right wing extremist in todays political environment.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
There’s an easy way to prove media bias one way or another. Just show me the positive Trump stories from major networks other than Fox. Surely since they are independent and he received the second most votes of any candidate in history, it will be simple to link to some positive stories from CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, etc. I can provide plenty of links for bad stories. Just give me a couple good ones. I mean after all, since they are independent and not biased, those links should be easy to provide.

CoastTrash

Aug 22, 2012
There’s an easy way to prove media bias one way or another. Just show me the positive Trump stories from major networks other than Fox. Surely since they are independent and he received the second most votes of any candidate in history, it will be simple to link to some positive stories from CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, etc. I can provide plenty of links for bad stories. Just give me a couple good ones. I mean after all, since they are independent and not biased, those links should be easy to provide.

coach66

Mar 5, 2009
Your intent was to falsely blame The Fed to cover up the schitty policies of Team Biden not to help "You People".
We are likely heading toward recession. The excessive spending and money printing can only work for so long. I just hate we’re gonna have to go back to zero interest rates which will create all kinds of bubbles and subsequent market crashes.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Your intent was to falsely blame The Fed to cover up the schitty policies of Team Biden not to help "You People".
No. As the collapsing DOW and bond market clearly shows to anyone not trying to push an agenda, they waited too long. Nothing "false" about that, just plain reality.

Those policies have been a responding success. We'll get through this Fed driven recession quickly and mostly painlessly. Sorry for your narrative.

• Haha
Reactions: Anon1704414204

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
- Elon pledged countless dollars to Trump.
far from conservative. He’s simply seeing how ridiculous the left has gotten.
- Mark Zuk slobbed all over how Trump was the image of a powerful leader.
if you can’t understand his respect for how Trump handled nearly being killed, there’s even less hope for you than originally thought.
- Facebook's algorithm pushed Breitbart news feeds for multiple years during the late 10's, which caused conservative angled news and also conservative angled BS to proliferate.
this platform is so far from the Right that it’s gotten comical.
- FoxNews has claimed the top viewership for multiple nights/hours of cable news for countless years.
one media outlet vs at least 5 liberal outlets. So yeah, they’ll have a larger viewership than the others.
- 'big tech' has funded JD Vance's rise.
Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

Big Tech is not a monolith in how it votes.. Tech companies take money from people of all political persuasion and tech companies donate to those they think will help advance whatever goals and agendas each tech company has.

Good lord, now you are rambling about the Olympics. F17S, the outrage never ends.
I swear, I don't know if there is more manufactured outrage or Napoleon Syndrome within the average social conservative these days.

Regardless of all the above - young conservative guys and suburban moms won't be who saves democracy. That's a 17ing hilarious partnership to push though.
White suburban women are the reason we’re stuck with Biden. They vote with their feelings instead of reality.

Just when I think your posts couldn’t get any more ridiculous, you prove me wrong every single time. But this one may be top dog for a really long time.

Reactions: Digging dog

tbaydog

Feb 25, 2008
Schumer, Pelosi, McConnell and Obama’s cronies run the Government. Trump is not a conservative. His policies are more centrist. Heck, JFK would be a right wing extremist in todays political environment.

Has Mitch learned a lesson from Biden, he's gone MIA.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I get your point but I disagree. Nowhere in our history has the media been where they are now. It’s all opinion and partisan, nothing close to fair and unbiased reporting.
I disagree with this. The people that say the media is controlling the narrative is getting that idea from, wait for it, the media, I think the dog is wagged by partisan 24 hour news and when the actual news reports something that is factually accurate, since it doesn’t jive with your teams talking points just scream fake news and walk it off. In 1928 the average American didn’t have access to economic indicator data, call sheets, weekly oil production numbers, etc etc. This thread is a perfect example. Someone says it’s Trumps fault, then it is rebutted with actual mathematical data. Then either we get fake news or Trump sucks. That’s what the dialogue is now and it isn’t the ABCs of the world that are responsible it’s the Fox’s and MSNBCs.

Reactions: BirdPuppy

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
far from conservative. He’s simply seeing how ridiculous the left has gotten.

if you can’t understand his respect for how Trump handled nearly being killed, there’s even less hope for you than originally thought.

this platform is so far from the Right that it’s gotten comical.

one media outlet vs at least 5 liberal outlets. So yeah, they’ll have a larger viewership than the others.

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

White suburban women are the reason we’re stuck with Biden. They vote with their feelings instead of reality.

Just when I think your posts couldn’t get any more ridiculous, you prove me wrong every single time. But this one may be top dog for a really long time.
Elon is a current face of big tech. He is massively influentiap and owns one or the most popular social platforms.
Him announcing support for Trump clearly supports my point. Your attempt to explain away Elon's support for Trump is odd.

Zuk's slobbing was in the context of saying 'I won't endorse a candidate. That's why the comment was funny to read and why it shows who he supports.
I am not complaining about his appreciation for how Trump looked, so you don't need to try and turn it around on me. The reality is what I posted- one of the most wealthy and powerful heads of big tech is supporting the Republican candidate.

Your lack of understanding that Facebook pushed Conservative news during the late 10's thru their algorithm doesn't make it untrue. It happened. The fall of redirect traffic to Breitbart from Facebook is easily understood when data is presented.
Facebook, a massive social platform, actively pushed conservative angled news for years.
I know that's tough to swallow, since the narrative has always been that Facebook bans neonazi talk and silences the right, but both can be true.

If you don't know who JD Vance has been financially supported by, that's on you to read about.

My initial comment was questioning why white suburban women will be the ones to save democracy since in many states they largely didn't vote for Trump the last time around.
Why would they change this time, since he hassnt become more appealing?
That's an odd group to claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login