BWI Sport Betting Thread

Sep 17, 2024
I don't think I've heard one person favor BYU this week. UCF seems to be on everyone's card. I got lucky and bet UCF at +2 and +107 (sprinkle) right before it moved to -2. I see juiced -2.5s now. May still be a good number, but at very least, be wary of betting BYU.
So what are your thoughts about the following?

1) UCF has lost 5 in a row
2) UCF's only wins came early in the season against New Hampshire, Sam Houston St and TCU
3) BYU is 7-0, but their road victories are suspect... @ SMU 18-15;@ Wyoming 34-14; @ Baylor 34-28
4) UCF is favored by 1-2 pts. Are their injuries or weather one should consider?

Grant Green

Oct 12, 2021
So what are your thoughts about the following?

1) UCF has lost 5 in a row
2) UCF's only wins came early in the season against New Hampshire, Sam Houston St and TCU
3) BYU is 7-0, but their road victories are suspect... @ SMU 18-15;@ Wyoming 34-14; @ Baylor 34-28
4) UCF is favored by 1-2 pts. Are their injuries or weather one should consider?
The general consensus I get from a lot of listening is that BYU has been on the lucky side of things. I don't think they are quite as good as their record.

UCF has switched QBs from KJ Jefferson to Jacurri Brown which has made a difference. Way better runner which fits the Gus system better. Should have beat iowa state last week.

No injuries or weather that I know of, but I suspect that Byu may struggle with humidity as the game goes on.

I won a similar bet last year when a highly touted ok st came to a disappointing ucf mid to late season and got waxed. Hoping for a similar result this year. Ucf has lost five in a row which is often a good time to buy on a team as they are undervalued.

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
Tulane, Memphis, IU, Navy, BYU (yes), Tosu, PSU, PSU 2nd half spread today.

B.O.B. and Boise got me off to a good start w/ covers last night.

Last edited:

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
Sheesh. I had Tulane -8 and Tulane/Over parlayed. NTSU scored a TD w/ 47 seconds left, after converting two 4th downs to lose by 8. $500 I really thought I had in my pocket. Oh well.

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
The general consensus I get from a lot of listening is that BYU has been on the lucky side of things. I don't think they are quite as good as their record.

UCF has switched QBs from KJ Jefferson to Jacurri Brown which has made a difference. Way better runner which fits the Gus system better. Should have beat iowa state last week.

No injuries or weather that I know of, but I suspect that Byu may struggle with humidity as the game goes on.

I won a similar bet last year when a highly touted ok st came to a disappointing ucf mid to late season and got waxed. Hoping for a similar result this year. Ucf has lost five in a row which is often a good time to buy on a team as they are undervalued.
Sometimes you're the windshield ... and sometimes you're the bug.

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
The beauty of sports betting is you can be wrong 46% of the time And be very profitable. Most people have a hard time with this concept.

I can always tell which gamblers are terrible. Because they always win. Just ask them. And usually you don't have to - they'll volunteer the information. Every week they'll talk about their 5 wins. Or maybe 4, and those darned refs screwed them out of the 5th. Meanwhile, they aren't telling you about their 7 (or more) losses. I knew a couple of guys like that .. down the line, they ended up in SERIOUS financial trouble because of their gambling losses.

Sep 17, 2024
I can always tell which gamblers are terrible. Because they always win. Just ask them. And usually you don't have to - they'll volunteer the information. Every week they'll talk about their 5 wins. Or maybe 4, and those darned refs screwed them out of the 5th. Meanwhile, they aren't telling you about their 7 (or more) losses. I knew a couple of guys like that .. down the line, they ended up in SERIOUS financial trouble because of their gambling losses.
Why are you so preoccupied with other people's hobbies?

If you don't enjoy or condone sports wagering, perhaps you should just refrain from reading and participating in this thread. Just an idea.

Moogy

Nov 23, 2021
Why are you so preoccupied with other people's hobbies?

If you don't enjoy or condone sports wagering, perhaps you should just refrain from reading and participating in this thread. Just an idea.
Wut?

Why are you following me around, attempting to criticize me, but always being off the mark?

I have nothing against sports gambling. I like it. I follow it. Used to do it, but I stopped - even though it was a tiny, tiny financial involvement - simply to avoid any appearance of impropriety given what I currently do. I still do it "dry" ... I'll make my picks, but not put down any actual wagers.
I just shared my experience with it. Even when I was on a heater, I almost only ever talked about my absolute crap bets, or my bad bets. You would have thought I'd never won. The guys who only ever mentioned their wins, however ... those were the ones who were losing.

You're preoccupied with me, seemingly. I will criticize that "hobby."

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login